The Best Chicken Wings!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
I am a huge fan of grilled chicken wings. I was cleaning out some stuff and I came across a grilled chicken wing recipe that I had written down a few years ago. So I made some up on Saturday while I was watching some college football. They were incredible!!! Best wings I have had. So I am going to share the recipe with you guys.

16 chicken wings

Sauce:
1 Cup of Ketchup
¼ Cup Dijon mustard
¼ Cup hot sauce
¼ Cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon of brown sugar

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Add chicken wings and let marinate overnight. Before grilling make up a fresh batch of the sauce for basting. Put wings on the grill and baste during cooking with sauce. Cook wings over medium high heat. Stop basting wings the last five minutes of cooking. Serve wings hot or at room temp. Enjoy!!

Sounds good..Im a big fan of the sweet and sour thing...can you taste the sweetness of the brown sugar ?

john pen said:
Sounds good..Im a big fan of the sweet and sour thing...can you taste the sweetness of the brown sugar ?

I did not think that you would be able to since you do not put that much in but you could taste the sweet in the wings! It is the perfect balance of spicy and sweet! Try them and let me know what you think! :D

Well everybody knows the Lord intended for chicken wings to be fried. Whut is up here? If a person managed to grill up enough to feed a threshing crew would be like cooking 4 giant boxes of tinker toys. Not sure whut yall are smokin other than chicken wings but sure Pigs might like a sample:)

bigwheel

Thanks for the recipe. My family will be out of town from Thurs. to Mon., and this is going on my list of things to cook.

Chicken Wings are great for any occasion. They are even better when grilled up with all that extra smoky flavor. These chicken wing recipes represent the best and most popular I have. Grill them up as appetizers, snacks or for meals and put them out for the kids or the big game. Chicken wings are quick to cook, easy to prepare and are loaded with flavor making them the perfect chicken piece.
Ingredients:
• 4 pounds chicken wings (about 24)
• Marinade:
• 1 cup cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon Tabasco (optional)
• Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce:
• 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
• 2/3 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons milk (about)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:
Combine marinade ingredients together and mix well. Place chicken wings in a large resealable bag. Pour marinade over top. Turn to coat and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
For blue cheese sauce, combine blue cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic and Worcestershire cause in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Add enough milk to give the sauce the consistency of pancake batter. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat grill. Remove wings from marinade and reserve marinade. Place wings on hot grill over a low fire. Grill until done (about 20 minutes), brushing with reserved marinade halfway through the cooking time. Serve with blue cheese sauce and celery sticks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom