Thanks for the Thanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I've received several thank you's lately. I cherish them as they let me know that I'm offering something of value to others, which is always my goal. I love giving what I can. At Christmas every year, it was more important to me to give gifts that my family liked, than it was to receive a great gift. That's not to say that I didn't love a great gift.:LOL:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Its to bad we do not have a thanks button for each post.
The way we do it here is frankly silly.
Thanks Chief. I have enjoyed your posts since I came here.

Its to bad we do not have a thanks button for each post.
The way we do it here is frankly silly.
Thanks Chief. I have enjoyed your posts since I came here.

Huh? I always see a Thanks button with every post. It shows up as a PM to the person who wrote the post. It has a link to the post and any comments that the person added to the box that shows up when they click the THANKS button.

Maybe R_B is looking for more of the appreciation kind of button. One click and it shows up with the post as "like" or "Useful" or "Funny" and so on. "2 people find this post Useful"...that sort of thing?

Maybe R_B is looking for more of the appreciation kind of button. One click and it shows up with the post as "like" or "Useful" or "Funny" and so on. "2 people find this post Useful"...that sort of thing?

That was discussed previously. Some people here don't want DC to be more like Facebook. Personally, I kind of like the idea, but I can understand if some don't.

I don't FB, so don't know much about it. My thought was something like Yelp and/or other Forums. I don't mind a couple of extra clicks and maybe a personal comment or two to go with them. On the other paw, I can see where just glancing at a post and figuring out if people got it, could be useful too.

Now...back to cooking! I've got to make a Corned Beef for dinner. Don't want to take it camping and it won't last until we return...

Huh? I always see a Thanks button with every post. It shows up as a PM to the person who wrote the post. It has a link to the post and any comments that the person added to the box that shows up when they click the THANKS button.

I mean a "Like" or "Thumbs Up" button for each post. This thanks button is basically a link to a PM and thats really not required.
Much easier to make a one click thanks or like for that post.

Kinda. I am on a few forums that have this feature. Its easy for the members and easy for the admin to install.

"easy for the admin to install" depends on how the software is written. I kinda remember Janet telling us before that to make that change at DC would take time...and money, since time IS money. I'm thankful that a forum like DC is available to all of us at no cost.

You do know, r_b, that you could just click the "Thanks" and not write anything in the message box? Sure you still have to click a second "send" button, but the recipient will know that you liked their comment. First World Problems...

I am guilty of enjoying soo many posts here, but don't take the time to say so. But, whereas the "Thank you" buttons are nice and easy to say what you think about someone's post, I still think it is nice to say so by posting your feelings rather than hit a button.

Chief, thank you for all you do!!!!!

Chief, I don't know where to post this, hope you don't mind sharing (lol) but I would also like to take this time to thank

LUCKYTRIM!!!!

I don't know how you do it, but to do it everyday, you are so GREAT!!!

BIG THANKS TO BOTH YOU AND CHIEF

"easy for the admin to install" depends on how the software is written. I kinda remember Janet telling us before that to make that change at DC would take time...and money, since time IS money. I'm thankful that a forum like DC is available to all of us at no cost.

You do know, r_b, that you could just click the "Thanks" and not write anything in the message box? Sure you still have to click a second "send" button, but the recipient will know that you liked their comment. First World Problems...

This is V-Bulletin software. It does not cost money nor does it take time to add a thanks/like/thumbs up button.
The software is in place and this option and many others are available to the admin.
Maybe the admin does not know how to use this software?
Since we are using old outdated software, I lean towards the admin not knowing how to do it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom