Tasty Tuesday 3-28-2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We had...leftovers! I had ham, green beans, one of the stuffed potatoes I made yesterday, and baby Campari tomatoes. Himself finished up the Chlopski Posilek, then had a ham sandwich on the last Kaiser roll.
20230328_195611.jpg

We had...leftovers! I had ham, green beans, one of the stuffed potatoes I made yesterday, and baby Campari tomatoes. Himself finished up the Chlopski Posilek, then had a ham sandwich on the last Kaiser roll.
View attachment 64097
So, you make some meals with the intention that they not be finished on the first go. Then, you have a bunch of meals and meal bits in your fridge and some nights you guys eat cafeteria style - I mean, you each choose a supper?

Tonight for supper I served some cannelloni with ricotta and spinach that I bought from Lufa Farms. We have had it before and knew that it is good. I made a romesco sauce to reheat it with. I have been tweaking that sauce and I think I got it down this time. I am taking notes. I made a salad of rainbow chard, curly lettuce, Boston lettuce, scallion greens, shaved red onion, corn kernels, haskap berries, and my batch vinaigrette.
We also tried a new to us balsamic vinegar. It's from Acetaia Cazzola e Fiorini: "Aceto Balsamico Di Modena I.G.P. Biologico". We have nicknamed it the "Ooh la la balsamic vinegar". I sprinkled it on a small plate of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and we used that for dipping slices of whole wheat baguette. All told, I'm very pleased with how that supper turned out. Edit to say that the fancy new balsamic is really nice.

Attachments

• Store bought cannelloni, romesco sauce, salad, and whole wheat baguette with EVOO-balsamic dip 2.jpg
    Store bought cannelloni, romesco sauce, salad, and whole wheat baguette with EVOO-balsamic dip 2.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Store bought cannelloni, romesco sauce, salad, and whole wheat baguette with EVOO-balsamic dip.jpg
    Store bought cannelloni, romesco sauce, salad, and whole wheat baguette with EVOO-balsamic dip.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 2
So, you make some meals with the intention that they not be finished on the first go. Then, you have a bunch of meals and meal bits in your fridge and some nights you guys eat cafeteria style - I mean, you each choose a supper?
Pretty much, taxy. I'm slow in the kitchen - heck, I'm slow most of the time. :LOL: Many days when I cook from scratch, I do little else. Well, except for laundry, since machine(s) do most of that job. But if I want to get something else done, I have planned leftovers for those kinds of days. Or something good in the freezer that is heat and eat, like the lasagna from a few days ago. Today I was able to clean tub/toilet/tub/shower curtain in lieu of cooking. Lasagna day gave me the chance to clean half of the sun room. That's a biggie, since I have to go up and down the ladder lots of times to clean the wood beams and glass ceiling. Phew!

We went to Rock and Roll Ribs for lunch after running errands. Craig got our usual of a full rack of baby back ribs. He also got some cream cheese stuffed jalapeno poppers that are served with a raspberry sauce, which are very good. It's owned by Nicko McBrain from Iron Maiden. This is the only place Craig will order ribs out. I decided on their rib eye, which was my first ever disappointment there. It was okay, but was too thin so couldn't be grilled properly. I had thought about getting the hot dog, but was hesitant because, well, it's a hot dog. But, while we were waiting for our food, 3 guys at a table next to us all got the dogs. OMG, they were huge in length and girth. After they finished and were just talking, I asked them if the dogs were as good as they looked. All 3 of them raved about them and 1 said "this is the only place I will order a hot dog." Guess what I'm trying next time!

Dinner was a repeat of lunch. They do not skimp on portion size.

Had one of my huge "noodle soups" (wontons, chicken, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, sweet red peppers, spices) for lunch.
Took son to airport at 4 am, then a long day of checking out and adding more (probably all unnecessary) recipes to an already outrageously huge collection, decided supper would be as easy as possible.
Last of the frozen french fries, last of the little frozen pots of gravy for poutine, and cheese curds.
20230328_194246.jpg
Yummy, gooey, lick the bowl.

I do the same thing on a regular basis. Soups, stews, pasta sauces, casseroles, empanadas, etc. aren't worth doing for one meal for two.

Back
Top Bottom