Taking your Fudge Recipe to your Grave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RCJoe

Senior Cook
Do you have a recipe you would share from the "great beyond" ?

Well, this lady had her Fudge recipe engraved on her tombstone. Perhaps every Chef/Cook should leave a recipe behind for posterity.

Notice the Army Air Corp B-24 Bomber ? She was probably a "Rosie the Riveter" during her young life helping to defend her country.

.....just a way of her remaining sweet in our memories.

AAKvVnp.img

I can't help but think in 5000 years, some archeologist will unearth this and after deciphering the strange symbols there'll be a new generation discovering this.

Well played.

Do you have a recipe you would share from the "great beyond" ?

Well, this lady had her Fudge recipe engraved on her tombstone. Perhaps every Chef/Cook should leave a recipe behind for posterity.

Notice the Army Air Corp B-24 Bomber ? She was probably a "Rosie the Riveter" during her young life helping to defend her country.

.....just a way of her remaining sweet in our memories.

AAKvVnp.img

How sure are you on the identification of that plane? She could have been one of the women pilots who ferried planes for the US military during WWII.

The aircraft on the tombstone is a B 24, 4 engine heavy bomber.

The WASP pilots delivered up to 80% of light single engine and numerous medium twin engine aircraft as I've read. It freed a lot of men in that duty to go fight in the war. I've even heard of them training to fly B 17's. The 4 engine heavy bombers were a high value priority aircraft compared to smaller fighter aircraft. The USAAF couldn't afford to lose one so I would imagine that they used multi engine rated pilot to transport them. But, you never know.

Pilots or Riveters, both would have my respect for their service.

Back
Top Bottom