Tajin! - Need more ideas for use!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
After reading so much from so many of you about how terrific this seasoning is, I finally found it! :w00t2: Purely by luck, too, since I wasn't actually looking for it this time, but rather hunting down Himself when we were at Aldi's a couple days ago and he was standing right in front of it. Serendipity!

Tasty little bugger! :yum: Now I want to hear ALL of you suggestions on how to use it and what to put it on. My first thought was "watermelon"! Or "apple slices"! Or - or - or... I bet there are so many ways to use it I'll never think of them all. That's why I'm asking for your suggestions please.

Fire away! And thanks. ;)

I love it on cottage cheese, most fruits and avocado as mentioned. It's terrific for fish and chicken too. These shrimp were fire grilled with just butter and Tajin'.
img_1463964_0_6b591f7015bb44ff276f8c7115205c59.jpg

I've looked for Tajin a few times in our local Albertsons, and haven't been able to find it. They have a good spice/seasoning section and I looked as recently as last week. It MUST be there, and I'm just not seeing it. :ermm:

I even have a pic of it in my phone so that I can look for the red/white/green label. :)

Mmmm....corn season! 4 ears for a dollar yesterday - I bought 8. :yum:

Any salad benefits from Tajin, unless you are making a specific recipe salad.

Cheryl, if you cannot find it, let me know and I will send you some.

I'm intrigued - we don't get it over here, would anyone be able to tell me how to make it? I love these magical spice mixes because they make dining so much more interesting!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

It's basically chiles, salt, and dehydrated lime juice. I tried to read the ingredients from the back of the bottle, but they're in teeny tiny print, in Spanish.

A friend who lives in Mexico gave me a bottle of the classico and one of the habanero. I think I've seen it around here too. It's made in Jalesco, Mexico.

Last edited:
I've looked for Tajin a few times in our local Albertsons, and haven't been able to find it. They have a good spice/seasoning section and I looked as recently as last week. It MUST be there, and I'm just not seeing it. :ermm:

I even have a pic of it in my phone so that I can look for the red/white/green label. :)

Mmmm....corn season! 4 ears for a dollar yesterday - I bought 8. :yum:

Some stores have it in the produce section. The local (25 minutes) Safeway keeps it there.

After reading so much from so many of you about how terrific this seasoning is, I finally found it! :w00t2: Purely by luck, too, since I wasn't actually looking for it this time, but rather hunting down Himself when we were at Aldi's a couple days ago and he was standing right in front of it. Serendipity!

Tasty little bugger! :yum: Now I want to hear ALL of you suggestions on how to use it and what to put it on. My first thought was "watermelon"! Or "apple slices"! Or - or - or... I bet there are so many ways to use it I'll never think of them all. That's why I'm asking for your suggestions please.

Fire away! And thanks. ;)

It is common to use around the rim of the glass for a Michelada. If your a bloody mary fan use it around the rim of the glass for your bloody mary.

Some stores have it in the produce section. The local (25 minutes) Safeway keeps it there.

That's where we find it. Produce section or lined up on top of the meat counter display.

CG,
I've used it for grilling fresh veggies.
Add a dash of it with some mayonnaise. Great sandwich spread, any type of meat.Or veggie wraps.
Dipping sauce for crab cakes

I've also used it to spread it (they mayo way) on the outside of the bread when I make paninni's.

Deviled eggs are fantastic with Tanjin. Eggs in general even.

Have fun :)

It's basically chiles, salt, and dehydrated lime juice. I tried to read the ingredients from the back of the bottle, but they're in teeny tiny print, in Spanish.

Mine's in English. I accidentally bought the low-sodium version. It has a blue cap, so beware ;)

Ingredients: chile peppers, salt, dehydrated lime juice, potassium chloride (salt substitute), silicon dioxide (to prevent caking).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom