Surprisingly Tasty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I've had corn dogs from the grocers and have not been impressed with them. The corn batter is usually ok. The hot dog inside though, is always of the lowest quality. Well, today, I tried something similar, but different - Jimmy Dean Brand Pancakes And Sausage. This looked like a corn dog. The coating tasted like a fluffy, maple tinged pancake, with a good tasting moist, and flavorful sausage inside. I simply nuked it for 45 seconds and it was done and very tasty. So if you're in the mood for something like a corn dog, try this instead, IMHO, it's much better.

Of course home made corn dogs, with a good bowl of chili is a treat. But that's like work.:LOL:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

These have been around for awhile. my kids liked them. They always said the best dipping sauce was honey mustard. I mixed maple syrup & mustard and it tasted weird ... probably would be considered an acquired taste.

These have been around for awhile. my kids liked them. They always said the best dipping sauce was honey mustard. I mixed maple syrup & mustard and it tasted weird ... probably would be considered an acquired taste.

Probably missing the added flavor of the preservatives!:angel:

No, I would think it is the maple vs honey. Both sweet but can't compare in flavour. I like both but rare in the same dish.

I saw someone doing a corn dog in a waffle iron on some cooking/travel show and I thought, now that looks great! They just put two dogs on sticks side by side on the iron and poured the cornbread mix on them. I usually think the cornbread layer needs more cooking next to the dog even though it`s crispy on the outside. It looks like that might solve the issue.

Back
Top Bottom