Supper, Wednesday, 2023 January 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Whatcha having for supper?

I had a ham sandwich on whole grain, wheat toast. There was also Emmental cheese, mayo, and lettuce. I also had a bowl of tomato and cucumber soup. I'm really getting to like that soup. I added a bit of white wine vinegar this time. I skipped the jalapeno and added Tabasco Chipotle Sauce. I only took a photo of the soup.

Tomato and cucumber soup with a chiffonade of basil.jpg

Stir fried (steamed) veggies, large salad: broccoli, lettuce, yellow peppers, broccoli sprouts, tomatoes, cucumbers, braised soy beans, WW croutons, mustard dressing. Almond milk hot chocolate for mr bliss, hot almond milk turmeric chai tea for me.

We had a quick supper of scrambled eggs with ham, and toast (whole wheat for me, plain bagel for Himself) before heading out to Goober's improv troupe show. Later, after we got back to Loverly's, we shared the second Aldi strudel with a bit of ice cream. Trying to clean things up - we launch for MA tomorrow. :unsure: No, technically, we leave today!

Last edited:
Stir fried (steamed) veggies, large salad: broccoli, lettuce, yellow peppers, broccoli sprouts, tomatoes, cucumbers, braised soy beans, WW croutons, mustard dressing. Almond milk hot chocolate for mr bliss, hot almond milk turmeric chai tea for me.
How do you make the chai tea with almond milk and tumeric?

Lunch was pasta salad.
Dinner – Tyson honey BBQ boneless chicken, crispy fries (precooked in the microwave then double fried in shallow oil), hot ketchup to dip fries, steamed cauliflower, and mushrooms (sautéed in butter & Maggi sauce).

tyson_chicken_011123_IMG_0531.jpg

Supper was a frozen pre-formed beef patty using 2 mini naans for the bun. Only sauce was some Dijon mustard and A1. I don't eat beef often but when I get an urge for a greasy hamburger... oh look, there's one in the freezer! Delish.

Patty was roasted/baked in the toaster oven, Threw the mini naans in after the burger came out, just to warm up in the residual heat, while I fetched the condiments. Easy clean-up! One pan, one plate, one knife. :sneaky: my kinda meal.

How do you make the chai tea with almond milk and tumeric?
I warm up about 14 oz, half water and half almond milk. I add a scant teaspoon of turmeric chai mix, with or without a black tea bag (depending on whether it is nighttime or daytime). Add honey or a sweetener.
The turmeric chai mix is mostly turmeric and cinnamon, then ginger, cardamom, clove, anise seeds, star anise, and black pepper. I grind the whole spices when I make the mix.

Back
Top Bottom