Supper, Wednesday 2022 December 28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
What did you have for supper?

We had a grocery delivery that pooped us out more than expected. One of the items in the delivery was a ready made tourtière from St-Hubert, the resto. We decided that would make an excellent supper and then no one would have to put it in the freezer in the basement.

I boiled some 'taters, quick made some veggie stock to make gravy with, and nuked some rødkål (Danish sweet & sour red cabbage). We will definitely order the St-Hubert Tourtière again. I wasn't up for making a roux for the gravy, so it was thickened with corn starch (It works, but it's not my favourite.)

Tourtière, rødkål, potatoes, and gravy, table view.jpg

Tourtière, rødkål, potatoes, and gravy.jpg

S and S Saimin Won Ton Mein Deluxe.JPG
(file photo)
This dish is very local-style, Hawaii speak for our kinda food :love:
Won Ton Mein Deluxe made with S&S brand Saimin, unique to Hawaii (I bring it back in my suitcase or buy a bunch when we go to Las Vegas)
Baby Bok Choy
Kamaboko (aka Japanese steamed Fish Cake)
Dumplings/Gyoza/Potstickers/Won Ton
(in my bowl only) Spam®
(again, in my bowl only) Prawns
there's some sliced Green Onions floating around and some homemade BBQ Chinese Pork aka Char Siu under the noodles
and can we talk about the Dashi or broth ... soul satisfying
OISHII !!!

@blissful , I have a question for you ... are you a vegetarian/vegan/pescatarian?
I don't recall you ever having mentioned that before.
Your dishes sounds wonderful!
WFPB noSOS, Whole Food Plant Based no sugar no oil no salt. (except we do use a little salt) This week-end is my 4th year anniversary of enjoying it. It helped so many health issues and improved our lives. (I still make regular standard american foods for my adult sons and adult step children.)

Last edited:
WFPB noSOS, Whole Food Plant Based no sugar no oil no salt. (except we do use a little salt) This week-end is my 4th year anniversary of enjoying it. It helped so many health issues and improved our lives. (I still make regular standard american foods for my adult sons and adult step children.)
Do you use iodlize salt. Is lemon a salt replacement?

@cookiecrafter Lemon can be a flavor enhancer, sure. Yes, iodine can be found in salt, the supplement kelp, and seaweed choices like wakame or nori. Also we add D3 and B12.
Ideally, and what has happened, is that our tastebuds changed and we enjoy the tastes of the actual foods.

Good on ya!
I've changed up our diet, but not quite as far as you have.
Now that DH is a fully-fledged Heart Patient, is Carido EP doc said to follow a "heart-healthy diet", we pretty much do already.

Good on ya!
I've changed up our diet, but not quite as far as you have.
Now that DH is a fully-fledged Heart Patient, is Carido EP doc said to follow a "heart-healthy diet", we pretty much do already.
About 4 months after I started, mr bliss hadn't. He had a mild heart attack, it didn't feel mild to him, he was beside himself with the pain. It took him a few days but quickly switched to it using Dr. Esselstyn's methods as a model for treating heart disease. Dr Esselstyn and Dr. Pritikin have done the research on heart patients and prevention and reversal of heart disease. Esselstyn has videos online, free, and a website, free, and books, not free. I'm really glad you are using a heart healthy diet, good for you both. You'll both be healthier for it. There are thousands of free resources available for recipes on the net that are no oil, no salt, no refined sugar, no animal products, and then change them to fit what you desire.

Back
Top Bottom