Supper on Monday, 2022 November 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, it's already Tuesday and no supper thread yet.

I made another new-to-me, Danish recipe. This time it was for "broccolisuppe" (broccoli soup). It was pretty good, but nothing special. I might make it again, but it won't be going into frequent rotation. I served it with Danish style rugbrød. That's the heavy rye bread that is sliced very thin.

Attachments

• PXL_20221121_232959085.jpg
    PXL_20221121_232959085.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Broccoli soup and rugbrød (Danish rye bread)2.jpg
    Broccoli soup and rugbrød (Danish rye bread)2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 1
Fridge soup, a hot dog and a glass of sugar free chocolate skim milk.

The fridge soup started with the soup bucket that I keep in the freezer. The soup bucket contains any odds and ends of flavorful liquid drained from canned goods, as well as any leftover sauces and gravy.

I added chopped onion, carrot, celery*, frozen corn, and a cup of leftover kidney beans.

*I read that celery will keep longer if you wrap it in aluminum foil before storing it in the crisper drawer. I’m not sure that it is making a difference for the celery but it may be helping the manufacturers of aluminum foil. ?

I had made some coleslaw to go with supper. Then had to run around with son picking up tires, dropping off vans, getting gas. In the end, I just woofed down half the salad - supper over and done.

We had a new recipe for Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl - only I made it with chicken, instead of turkey and I sliced the carrots instead of shredding them...and I skipped the broccoli (DH can't eat it) and added mushrooms instead. So, it is exactly the same and completely different!! :w00t2:We enjoyed it very much...but then DH loves anything like a Teriyaki Rice Bowl thing, so it was an easy sell.

IMG_6860.jpg

We plowed through some leftovers to make room for the "huge" turkey (10#). Gone are the last of yesterday's pancakes, the cottage ham, and the beets.

I started holiday prep yesterday. My hands were screaming and I was beat. So DD picked up Popeyes chicken for me.
I feel for you! I've got my Copper Hands compression gloves on today...at least when I'm not in the kitchen. I don't know if the copper does anything, but the compression helps. I pulled some leftovers out of the freezer and we'll have them for dinner tonight...so I can work on other things that needs to be done for T-day. I already made potato salad to have with leftover turkey sandwiches!

Back
Top Bottom