Supper 2022 November 24, Thanksgiving in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We had Thanksgiving back in October, so I made a more ordinary supper.

I had no particular inspiration, so I made something simple. I roasted some roasted onion sausages in the toaster oven. I made a green salad of green crisp lettuce, scallion greens, sunflower micro greens, celery, red and green bell pepper, and sorrel leaves. I served that with some brown basmati rice with some corn kernels thrown on top. It was pretty good. We are very fond of the sausages from duBreton and these were yummy, as usual.

Attachments

• Roasted onion sausage, brown basmati rice with corn, and a green salad.jpg
    Roasted onion sausage, brown basmati rice with corn, and a green salad.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Roasted onion sausage, brown basmati rice with corn, and a green salad2.jpg
    Roasted onion sausage, brown basmati rice with corn, and a green salad2.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 2
thanksgiving-005.jpg
With cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. (same as last year) Just as delicious.

I hate wrangling a turkey, and this one was only 10 pounds. When my SIL lived up here, she did the turkey and I did all the sides. Still, the ol' bird turned out great, as did the stuffing in the bird...which was put into a casserole dish and added to the sides in the oven while the turkey rested. (I don't know why the turkey gets to rest. I did all the work. :cautious:) Those sides consisted of butternut squash, carrots, and my delicious Brussels sprouts casserole. The ubiquitous jellied cranberry sauce made an appearance, too. No pie. I ran out of energy. But we had some of the last pint of homemade blueberry ice cream.

20221124_201903.jpg

My "Friendsgiving" meal consisted of:
Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, collards, candied yams, mac & cheese, green beans, and Oreo pie.

Thanksgiving with family is after work tonight.

Thanksgiving lunch/appy was marinated mushrooms, stuffed mushrooms, and cream cheese & olive poppers.

thanksgiving_lunch_112422_IMG_0318.jpg

The turkey

thanksgiving_turkey_112422_IMG_0325.jpg

Dinner was turkey, mashed potatoes (red, yellow potatoes, and turnip), glazed carrots, sautéed mushrooms, homemade cranberry & orange relish, green bean casserole, stuffing, brussels sprouts, creamed pearl onions, mashed sweet potatoes with praline topping, crescent roll, and homemade gravy.
Sparkling cranberry, apple cider, and Prosecco.

thanksgiving_dinner_112422_IMG_0329.jpg

Lovely plates whether holiday or no. We had friends join. On the table was turkey, mac-n-cheese, dumplings, mashed potatoes, creamed peas, dressing, cranberry-orange sauce, T-Day salad, stuffed celery, olives, pickles, gravy, and...lemon tart for dessert. Friends brought the mac-n-cheese, but I happily made the rest. Oh....okay, I am no baker, but I will share. I got a mix of Betty Crocker "melted snowmen." The picture on the box was so cute. Here are mine. Nailed it. :LOL: At least they were tasty! ?

Attachments

• 2022-11-23 15.01.32.jpg
    2022-11-23 15.01.32.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2022-11-23 16.07.00.jpg
    2022-11-23 16.07.00.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2022-11-24 14.43.55.jpg
    2022-11-24 14.43.55.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 2022-11-23 12.15.24.jpg
    2022-11-23 12.15.24.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Amazing everyone! All look and sound delish. So belated Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. (just in case I forgot to say it earlier)

Seems like everyone's meals turned out fabulous from Spatchcocked Turkey (may have to try that with a goose) to Cranberry Sauce and "melted snowmen".

I let DD choose the menu

Mini pepper and humus for an appetizer
Orange and honey turkey (11.5 lbs)
Mushroom stuffing, baked outside the bird
Homemade cranberry sauce
Garlic string beans

Homemade Apple cranberry pie for dessert

Back
Top Bottom