Sunday's Dinner - 9/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brown cow coffee yogurt for breakfast.
I had half a small Jersey Mike’s original Italian sub for lunch.
I’m having a triple cream Brie and blue cheese sandwich on ciabatta bread (all Trader Joe’s brands) for dinner.

I had supper planned and actually started. But, things were going wrong (the whipping cream was off and so was the bacon) and I had the stupid, which made it worse. I gave up and we ordered Chinese food.

When grocery shopping on Friday, I figured I would check out the value packages of end pork chops Price Chopper had on sale for $1.49 a pound. Sometimes they have pretty decent ones. When I got to the meat department, the section where pork is displayed was being repaired. I asked the one meat clerk I saw, who was already cleaning up the cutting area, if they had any in the back. He brought out one package of beautiful center cut chops at $2.49/pound. I pointed out the price and cut difference to him, and he told me to wait a minute. I thought he was going back to get a package of the cheaper chops. Nope, he re-priced the package he showed me and told me to enjoy!

That's the long way of saying we had breaded pork chops, roasted Brussels sprouts, and baked potatoes for supper.

20220925_214659.jpg

We had boneless pork loin roast slathered with garlic salt and herbes de provence and cooked until just above rare. Our side was a casserole of John Cope's corn, along with cherry cobbler with whipped cream. Yum.

If you are unfamiliar with the corn dish, here's a link to the product: https://www.hanoverfoods.com/product/john-copes-dried-sweet-corn/
OMG! John cope’s corn! I have not had that since I was a kid. Thanks for the memory. Now I must go on a search to find it!

We had rice pilaf, made with brown rice thanks to the good advice of cooks here, and grilled chicken breasts.
The recipe for pilaf makes a lot, even though I cut the recipe in half. We'll be having it again and yet again this week!

I cooked a near eastern flavored meatloaf, baked potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpeg
    IMG_0384.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 2
Diced boiled potatoes and vegan turkey (homemade), with mushroom gravy. Yum. Apple for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom