Sugar-free fudge??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 13 year old son is diabetic, and he has always wanted to try fudge! Do yuo know of any sugar-free fudge recipes? Thanks!

Linda xx

I took a quick peek at Google. There seems to be quite a few recipes! I was rather surprised but then I thought of how many people are diabetic and it now makes sense.
Sugar Free Diva also seems to give a good explaination on differences.
Taste of Home I've made other things from this site that have worked well.
Montana Kitchen with 2 ingredients! how can you lose?

Hope these help you find something.

It's not fudge but as close as we're willing to get to it. Black bean brownies. Our friends ask us to bring those chocolatey fudgy things.

• 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1½ cups cooked)
  • 1 cup pure date syrup
  • ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ¾ cup rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • Unsalted pistachio nuts, finely chopped (optional)
  • Vegan semisweet chocolate pieces (optional)
We make a double recipe of these often w/o nuts and use a dairy free dark chocolate chip. The date syrup (we call it date paste), is just pitted dates and water, heated, processed in the food processor. We use it as a sweetener with nutrition.

And this fudgy brownies is a double recipe size.
It uses peanut butter (high fat item which we try to avoid.
  • ▢ 1 cup rolled / quick oats ( use gluten-free oats if necessary )
  • ▢ 2 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed ( about 3 cups cooked )
  • ▢ 1 ½ cups dates ( about 260 g )
  • ▢ ¼ cup cocoa powder
  • ▢ ½ cup peanut butter ( or other nut / seed butter )*
  • ▢ 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ▢ ½ cup plant based milk
  • ▢ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
  • chocolate chips to top

I've been making them for a couple years and for a full 9x13 I only use 1/2 cup cocoa. I noticed that the more oatmeal (ground into flour in the food processor) that I use, the more cakey they become. The last time I made it I used 2 cups. I liked it pretty much. I'm going to try it again, this time with 2.5 cups oats and see how that affects the texture. Some people like cakey over fudgy.

There are many recipes for these brownies....if you look around on the net.

Yes! Here is a delicious sugar-free fudge recipe that your son can try.

Ingredients:
-1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
-1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-2 cups white sugar substitute
-1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
-1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Instructions:
1. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in evaporated milk and vanilla extract. Add sugar substitute and stir until dissolved.
3. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow creme until melted. Add walnuts if desired.
5. Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares. Enjoy!

I know you mean well ,Vai101 - but please note this is a request for someone who is diabetic... your recipe with chocolate-chips (semi sweet or not) and marshmallow creme is not sugar free!

I know you mean well ,Vai101 - but please note this is a request for someone who is diabetic... your recipe with chocolate-chips (semi sweet or not) and marshmallow creme is not sugar free!
People with diabetes don't have to avoid sugar completely. It's a common misconception, but current advice is to balance sweet treats with other foods and not overdo it, not to eliminate sugar completely. From Is it safe for a person with diabetes to eat sweets?

Carefully monitoring carbohydrate and sugar intake is vital when managing diabetes because of its potential impact on blood glucose, or sugar, levels. As a result, there is a popular misconception that people with diabetes must avoid all sweets and sugary foods.

However, it is still possible to eat sweets, chocolate, or sugary food, as long as it is part of a healthful diet plan.

Last edited:
It's not fudge but as close as we're willing to get to it. Black bean brownies. Our friends ask us to bring those chocolatey fudgy things.

• 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1½ cups cooked)
  • 1 cup pure date syrup
  • ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ¾ cup rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • Unsalted pistachio nuts, finely chopped (optional)
  • Vegan semisweet chocolate pieces (optional)
We make a double recipe of these often w/o nuts and use a dairy free dark chocolate chip. The date syrup (we call it date paste), is just pitted dates and water, heated, processed in the food processor. We use it as a sweetener with nutrition.
While there is some nutrition in them, dates are loaded with sugar. People with diabetes need to be careful about how much they eat, just as they do with granulated and other sources of sugar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom