Sticky Chicken Plum Sauced -recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Thought I'd post Nagi's recipe - it was so delicious and not difficult. Plus, as she stated you don't have to marinate it. I did, overnight, and am not sorry.
So here is the link Sticky Chicken Drumsticks in Chinese Plum Sauce .
I'm also listing the ingredients for you to check out, then if interested go to her site for the instructions. I actually used 2 drumsticks and 2 thighs. Plus, because I made the entire recipe for the sauce, there was a lot left. I saved it, have frozen it and will use again for more chicken.
  • ▢1.2kg / 2.4lb large chicken drumsticks (8 drumsticks)

PLUM MARINADE / GLAZE​

• ▢3/4 cup / 185ml Fountain Plum Sauce (Note 1)
  • ▢1/3 cup brown sugar (can reduce to 1/4 cup)
  • ▢1/4 cup soy sauce (all purpose or light, not dark soy sauce)
  • ▢2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
  • ▢2 cloves garlic, minced
  • ▢1/2 tsp ginger, minced
  • ▢1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder (Note 2)

GARNISH (OPTIONAL)​

• ▢Sesame seeds
  • ▢Finely chopped scallions
20230301_193323.jpg I highly recommend, as she mentions, to use parchment paper. think I might have poked a hole as it leaked but it was certainly an easy clean-up. Those were some leftover canned mushrooms I threw in towards the end... they were great - I'll have to remember to do them again.
20230301_193809.jpg Finished plate with baked (micro) potato and steamed (micro) broccoli.
I used VH Plum Sauce. What I really like about this recipe is that it is not too sweet and not too salty - a perfect match.

Well, hope you will try it. It truly is lovely. Unfortunately Fountain got replaced by VH here.
(sat here trying to think of a snappy come-back but nope, LOL!! I'll just let it go.)

Was thinking of your beach trips, these could be put together at home, marinate on the way to the beach, have that night or even the next night. Or mix up your marinade in a bag at home, keep the chicken frozen and let defrost on the way to the beach (or whatever you do) and have them when you want.
I don't think I basted them quite as much as she does. Doing just 4 pieces in my toaster oven went a bit faster, I think. Pretty sure it didn't take 50 minutes of baking.

Back
Top Bottom