Sriracha Ketchup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I used this stuff on a burger at a local place. First time I saw it. We found some in a local grocery a week or so ago, after several months of looking. Now I want to try it in TNT recipes that call for regular ketchup. Has anyone tried this or have adapted it as a sub for regular ketchup in recipes?

While I haven't used a commercial product, I do add sriracha to ketchup for a bit of zip.. Also do the same with mustard and mayo.. Good flavoring..

Ross

I use it in my meatloaf sometimes. When my DD leaves any!! She loves it.

I don't see the point in buying Sriracha ketchup when it's simple to add it to what I have. I was buying Sriracha Ranch Dressing from Trader Joe's for a while, but now I just use regular ranch dressing and add Sriracha. Condiments can really take over a fridge.

I don't see the point in buying Sriracha ketchup when it's simple to add it to what I have. I was buying Sriracha Ranch Dressing from Trader Joe's for a while, but now I just use regular ranch dressing and add Sriracha. Condiments can really take over a fridge.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Maybe because he likes it and because it always tastes the same, whereas an eyeball mix might not and he doesn't want to dirty up measuring spoons, and a cup and a bowl so it does taste the same, or maybe he just doesn't want to have to bother looking for 2 bottles. I don't know, but he likes it and I'm not worried about 1 extra bottle of ketchup. It's all the Asian condiments that have taken over that worry me. :LOL:

Kind of like most of us don't buy pre-order onions and other veges at the market, but apparently a lot of people do or they wouldn't be selling them.

I don't know, but he likes it and I'm not worried about 1 extra bottle of ketchup. It's all the Asian condiments that have taken over that worry me. [emoji38]

There's explosion of Asian condiments in my kitchen, too. Sometimes I wonder if I keep too many in the fridge, although my cabinets are pretty full, too. Thank goodness for the extra fridge in the sunroom.

Back
Top Bottom