SOUR Kraut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termy

Senior Cook
Goes in undrained, if caraway seeds didn't come in it they go in first.

Then of course onion and garlic. Then the heat. Cook it in the oven, about 350ºF for a while. During that while, make some dumplings and cut up some potatoes. They go in.

The few people who like it this sour seem to prefer kielbasa to other meats in it.

You could easily find that you need more kraut then came in the bag or whatever, try to have it on hand.

Why do people get something so beautifully sour and then drain it and put sugar in it ?

T

I couldn't believe it when, one day, I actually read the instructions for heating Sauerkraut. Drain, rinse, heat... WHAT?!!

Usually I've eaten 1/2 the package straight out of the container before it even gets near the stove. :rolleyes:

Goes in undrained, if caraway seeds didn't come in it they go in first.

Then of course onion and garlic. Then the heat. Cook it in the oven, about 350ºF for a while. During that while, make some dumplings and cut up some potatoes. They go in.

The few people who like it this sour seem to prefer kielbasa to other meats in it.

You could easily find that you need more kraut then came in the bag or whatever, try to have it on hand.

Why do people get something so beautifully sour and then drain it and put sugar in it ?

T

What?

"What?"

If you want cabbage, get cabbage. This is brined.

I wish I could get even more of that juice.

T

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom