So who has the best Strawberry Daiquiri recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi ChefAlex, and welcome to DC. I'm one of the MA residents GotGarlic warned you about. ;) I'm actually a native Ohioan living incognito in MA; once a Buckeye always a Buckeye.

I have a VERY old recipe Himself created after we had the best strawberry daiquiris in the old Underground Atlanta. It took a few weekends of experiments to get it just right, but it was fun to do. :LOL: After looking at the recipe, there might be some modern-day adjustments that need to be made to the recipe.

The Final Version, as written:

12 finely crushed ice cubes, divided
1 10-oz package frozen strawberries in syrup*
juice of one lemon (2 oz)
5 oz good rum (we were using Ron Rico Gold back in 1974)

Crush cubes and divide between two glasses. Blend remaining ingredients and pour into glasses.

*OK, about adjustments. I honestly do not know if any stores sell the frozen strawberries in syrup anymore. I would think you could slice fresh berries and toss with sugar as if you were getting them ready for shortcake. Let the juices weep from the berries, then freeze until it firms up (maybe a couple hours, at most?). Then you have sweetened frozen berries that will create the right texture when you blend it with the lemon juice and rum.

Hmm, Price Chopper had 1# containers of fresh strawberries on sale for $1.77 through tomorrow. I just might have to stop by there so that Himself can reprise his recipe for us. :yum:

Hi ChefAlex, and welcome to DC. I'm one of the MA residents GotGarlic warned you about. ;) I'm actually a native Ohioan living incognito in MA; once a Buckeye always a Buckeye.

I have a VERY old recipe Himself created after we had the best strawberry daiquiris in the old Underground Atlanta. It took a few weekends of experiments to get it just right, but it was fun to do. :LOL: After looking at the recipe, there might be some modern-day adjustments that need to be made to the recipe.

The Final Version, as written:

12 finely crushed ice cubes, divided
1 10-oz package frozen strawberries in syrup*
juice of one lemon (2 oz)
5 oz good rum (we were using Ron Rico Gold back in 1974)

Crush cubes and divide between two glasses. Blend remaining ingredients and pour into glasses.

*OK, about adjustments. I honestly do not know if any stores sell the frozen strawberries in syrup anymore. I would think you could slice fresh berries and toss with sugar as if you were getting them ready for shortcake. Let the juices weep from the berries, then freeze until it firms up (maybe a couple hours, at most?). Then you have sweetened frozen berries that will create the right texture when you blend it with the lemon juice and rum.

Hmm, Price Chopper had 1# containers of fresh strawberries on sale for $1.77 through tomorrow. I just might have to stop by there so that Himself can reprise his recipe for us. :yum:
That sounds like a great recipe. I will have to give it a try sometime!

We just tried that. I didn't crush the ice, because I don't like crushed ice in things I drink. It was yummy. It was dessert.

No doubt you have to try the mango daiquiri, it's a really delicious and refreshing recipe... I think it's one of the best cocktails there is of the daiquiri... I like to prepare this one here
https://cocteldaiquiri.com/de-mango/ it's very simple and easy to make.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom