Snow White's Poisoned Apple Cider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rainymuffins

Assistant Cook
I found this recipe on a baking blog and just knew I had to try it! It's as magical as it sounds.

Recipe: Apples, Apple Cider, Rum, and Cinnamon sticks.

I added my own twist by coating the bottom of the hollowed apples with caramel (I added a pinch of salt to the caramel because I just love salted caramel). I poured the steaming spiked cider into the apples and enjoyed with a butter cookie, fuzzy socks, and Dickens. Perfect for any Halloween Event!

I have to keep reminding myself that you Yanks don't mean the same thing by "apple cider" as we do here in Canada. Here it's alcoholic. We call the other stuff "apple juice. :LOL:

On this side of the border we call the fermented kind "hard cider", taxy. Apple juice is clear yellow liquid available all year. Apple cider is not filtered, just apple pressings and whatever else comes along with, and most often sold in autumn and winter. Back in OH when my SIL and her hubby still lived there before moving to FL, we all had a favorite apple farm to get our cider at. My BIL would joke that the late season pressings had the best flavor because they had the riper worms. :LOL: And I always thought it was because there were more apple varieties that got pressed.

CG, I know you call it hard cider. I still have to remind myself when I read "apple cider", that you don't mean, well, apple cider. :LOL: We call your apple cider "unfiltered apple juice", at least that's what it says on the bottle.

Äppelmust = unfiltred apple juice äppeljuice = Apple juice Cider = hard cider Ciderdryck = sparkly apple soda Cider 0.05 = sparkly apple soda.

Trust me, trying to do American recipes when the culture of cider is more like an apple wine then a scrumpy , makes recipes interesting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom