Shane's Veggie Beef Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Shane's Veggie Beef Soup

1 lb ground beef
28 oz beef broth (I like Better than Bullion or Minors if you can find it)
28 oz Spicy V8
1 14 oz can crushed or diced tomatoes
1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes or equivalent
2 cups chopped onions
2 cups chopped potatoes
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
fresh garlic..all you want..add it to the liquids not the skillet
(additional fresh canned or frozen veggies of what you like or have..corn green beans cabbage etc)

Brown up the meat in the pot. Dont over work it and it will give chunks instead of birdshot. Remove and hold. Brown up the veggies. Add everything to the pot except the meat. Cook slow with a lid till the veggies tender up. Add the cabbage and meat last. Cook till the cabbage is how you want it. Salt and back pepper to taste. Serve with unsweet cornbread and hot sauce.

Shane's Veggie Beef Soup

1 lb ground beef
28 oz beef broth (I like Better than Bullion or Minors if you can find it)
28 oz Spicy V8
1 14 oz can crushed or diced tomatoes
1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes or equivalent
2 cups chopped onions
2 cups chopped potatoes
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
fresh garlic..all you want..add it to the liquids not the skillet
(additional fresh canned or frozen veggies of what you like or have..corn green beans cabbage etc)

Brown up the meat in the pot. Dont over work it and it will give chunks instead of birdshot. Remove and hold. Brown up the veggies. Add everything to the pot except the meat. Cook slow with a lid till the veggies tender up. Add the cabbage and meat last. Cook till the cabbage is how you want it. Salt and back pepper to taste. Serve with unsweet cornbread and hot sauce.

PS Edit: I been looking for this recipe. Very good stuff Maynard. Forget the cabbage it waters it down too much. Also brown up the veggies individually. As Onions and celery first then the tates and carrots. It gives a bunch better flavor to do them one at a time for some reason. Dont cook the onions with the meat. Slap slap for trying that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom