Seeds Need A Good Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GinnyPNW

Executive Chef
I hope this isn't breaking any rules!! I have a few packets & pods of seeds that need a good home. I'm not going to use them, so I would like to send them -- no charge -- to someone that will use them. Three of the packets were freebies that came with a purchase from Baker Seeds. One, I bought by mistake...and the extra pods are those I ordered with a new machine, not knowing what else to order? The pods are Golden Harvest Cherry Tomatoes. If you don't need the pods, I could remove the sponge and send just that. I have maybe 12 to give away.

1) Packet of Carrot Cosmic Purple freebie from Baker Creek - I would grow them, if I could! I'm only growing hydroponics right now.
2) Pkt of 10 seeds - Tomato Mountain Magic F1 from Territorial Seed Co - they are Indeterminate, may be too tall for me.
3) Packet of Cabbage Nero De Toscana freebie from Baker Creek - Not for me, maybe for you?
4) Packet of Mustard Japanese Giant Red freebie from Baker Creek - Not a mustard fan, maybe you are?
5) The above mentioned Golden Harvest Cherry Tomato pods.

Anyway, PM me if you have interest or questions. Do NOT put personal information in the public thread.

IMG_5697 (3).jpg

I have no interest in the seeds… but would like to commend you for sharing stuff you don’t need with the community.

In the height of the pandemic, I accrued a lot of pantry items that I concluded I would not use by the expiration dates (and some of that were free samples of stuff I would never consume… aka… coffee). Luckily, I was able to give most of that to my neighbors.

I'm not interested in the seeds but also I'd like to thank you for sharing.

The Cabbage Nero De Toscana are a type of kale too. They grow on a hard stem, like a palm tree, I grew them this year. They are good for kale, easy to harvest, they keep growing taller in stem, like a trunk of a tree, and put out leaves at the top as they grow. They grew about 2-3 feet tall and even with our frosts we are still eating them. I still have more to harvest. I liked them because they were easy to clean (not ruffled leaves), and I like harvesting after the frosts, when everything else has died off, they are great. I hope someone gets them from you.

I'm not interested in the seeds but also I'd like to thank you for sharing.

The Cabbage Nero De Toscana are a type of kale too. They grow on a hard stem, like a palm tree, I grew them this year. They are good for kale, easy to harvest, they keep growing taller in stem, like a trunk of a tree, and put out leaves at the top as they grow. They grew about 2-3 feet tall and even with our frosts we are still eating them. I still have more to harvest. I liked them because they were easy to clean (not ruffled leaves), and I like harvesting after the frosts, when everything else has died off, they are great. I hope someone gets them from you.

Me too! Thanks for sharing your experience! I'll be just thrilled if I can send them to someone who will enjoy them.

Thanks for the offer, Ginny. Nothing I need, and the only ones I would have grown, I've already tried! lol I have countless seeds, and often trade them on gardening forums - I just sent 5 and got 4 from a lady in MO!

That would be good to find a community garden to share them with. I would do that, but most of the things I get rid of didn't do well for me, and they will have the same weather problems, which is a main problem. Yours, however, wouldn't have that problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom