Saturday, June 13, 2020, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Tonight's dinner was homemade red wine and garlic sausage with pierogi. The pierogi were filled with potato, homemade sauerkraut, sauteed onions and fresh cheese. Sauce for both was a caramelized onion, garlic, wine sauce, with the browned butter from browning the pierogi added at the end. Sour cream on the side. Yummy!

Attachments

• 2020-06-13 19.44.41.jpg
    2020-06-13 19.44.41.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 112
FINALLY! Tonight's dinner, after two delays, was Chinese pepper steak.

Attachments

• C9A3430A-375A-4A25-9429-E9BCD86029B0_1_105_c.jpg
    C9A3430A-375A-4A25-9429-E9BCD86029B0_1_105_c.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 110
All of the recipes look amazing:yum:. At P.A.G.'s house, we had friends over for taco night. The fillings were braised beef cheeks with onion slices, my own carne asada, made with broiled (would have been better grilled over fire, but still very tasty), then cubed skirt steak, diced onion, diced Poblano peppers, cilantro, Chile Powder, Tabasco Sauce, Salt, lots of black pepper on the beef, and freshly squeezed lime juice, and lastly pressure cooked pork, with onion,, freshly ground coriander, salt and pepper. Toppings included sliced cherry tomatoes, minced green onion, cilantro, cucumber, and three different homemade salsas, one made with fresh blueberries (P.A,G< really nailed that one, made me proud).

For me, lime-aid made with fresh limes was the beverage of choice. There was also Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, and Ginger Beer available, along with whole, and rice milk. I had to make tacos from all three of the meats, and try all of the salsas. It was all so good.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I made a delicious dish tonight, based on a Milk Street's July/August issue - Ethiopian Stewed Collard Greens. However, I used 4 different greens from the garden in my dish - Kohlrabi, Senposai, Red Bor kale, and some Kohlrabi greens. I also added some ground beef, which the article says is frequently in the dish, and I had to use up some from the freezer. I doubled the recipe, because I had so many greens to use, and made it in the CI wok - something it all fit in, once it wilted.

It started by browning some onions in ghee, then browned the beef, then this spice/garlic mix was added and cooked briefly, before the greens were added. At the end, the chilis and more ginger was added, along with some lemon juice.
Garlic and spices, plus the finishing chilis, for the Etiopian greens, from Milk Street July August. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Ethiopian greens, about half way through cooking. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Ethiopian Spiced Greens, from Milk Street. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I also made a dish of millet and browned rice in the Instant pot, to eat it with, to soak up some of that liquid, since I didn't have any bread.

DH grilled some Angus burgers. While he was out there, he also grilled some really good hot dogs that had been in the freezer long enough that it seemed like a good idea to use them now. Those are for later this week or for snacks. They can be nuked and still taste grilled.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom