Saturday dinner, February 4, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somehow I must have know that the other shoe would fall ... and so glad that I had leftovers to choose from.

IMG_2554.JPG
IMG_2555.JPG

Somehow, neither of us can figure this out yet, but I've done something to my right shoulder! In my sleuthing on the WWW, it sounds like Bursitis and really hoping that it's not a torn Rotator Cuff!

All day, DH has been asking me "should we go to ER?"
HOW?
He still can't drive!

I had to have DH cut my food for me so that I just leaned over my bowl with the spoon in my left hand :unhappy:
It took me a while, but I finally got this all down.
WHAT NEXT?! :poop:

Sorry to hear about the should Kgirl. I hope it is something that can be fixed with physiotherapy.

We ordered pizza and chicken wings. DH had the pizza and I had the wings. The order form asked for a choice of dipping sauce. I chose habanero mango. I saw that some of the dipping sauce choices said "on the wings" (well, it said that in French), so I assumed that my dipping sauce (trempette) would be in a separate container. Nope. It was all over my wings. I do not like that. I especially don't like that on breaded wings, since it makes them soft and gooey, not crispy. The other thing - I had never tried that dipping sauce before. I didn't even know if I would like it. And, I tend to like less sauce than they usually smear all over the wings. The sauce was okay, but not as good as it sounded. Too sweet for my taste. So, DH's pizza was great and my wings were just okay. Now I know. Next time, I will choose no dipping sauce. And yes, I will let the resto know how I feel about the way it was presented.

@Kaneohegirlinaz, we need a hugging emoji under these posts. I hope whatever is happening with your shoulder, it gets better with therapy.
We're working our way through foods from "most perishable" to "just fine". We split some breaded shrimp appetizers that were frozen yesterday but soft today. Now we're having the chicken and wild rice soup that was moved from freezer to fridge yesterday. Hopefully all of our food choices are the right ones. :oops:

This cold weather makes this soup weather, so I made a batch of mushroom barley soup. I made it my usual way, starting with sautéeing an onion in EVOO in the Instant Pot. After 5 minutes or so, added about a tb of minced garlic, and a generous tb of tomato paste, and sautéed about 2 minutes, then added 7 cups of chicken broth, 3/4 c barley, 2 tb light soy (for part of the salt), a little Worcestershire sauce, then set the IP for 25 minutes on manual, and let release naturally.

While that was cooking, I cleaned the soaked boletus, then chopped them fine, and cooked the strained liquid and the boletus down, while washing, and quartering the mushrooms. Added them to the last tb of liquid, then steamed briefly, then removed the lid, added 2 tsp olive oil, and when the water boils off, sauté 6 or 7 minutes, then set aside, until barley is done. I then took some of the broth and rinsed all the fond out of the pan, and added that, and the mushrooms to the IP. Then I added about 3 tb black quinoa (only to empty a jar) and 4 tb masoor dal, adjusted the salt, then simmered 20 minutes, then added 12 oz frozen peas, and cooked 5 more minutes. I then added about 4 tb of chopped parsley, and added a generous amount of freshly ground pepper, to finish it.
A lb of mushrooms, cooked with almost an ounce of dried boletus, ready to add to the soup. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Mushroom barley soup. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I didn't put any parmesan on this helping, as it's good without, as well, but I'll probably have some on the next batch tomorrow.

Last night's dinner was cheese and spinach stuffed shells.

stuffed_shells_020423_2_IMG_0662.jpg

Back
Top Bottom