Saturday, 29th of April, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Pretty simple. Purchase a piece of salmon the other day. Too big for one meal so cut it in half - going to chop the other half and make fresh salmon cakes... ATK has the most amazing recipe.
But supper tonight was rice scented with a piece of lemongrass, steamed snow peas, sweet red peppers roasted along side the salmon - just simple salt and pepper for seaoning.
20230429_180051.jpg
and yes the salmon looks a little insipid, not only in the photograph but on the plate too! LOL - but tasted de... yummy!

Pizza or flatbread, whichever name floats your boat. Very thinly sliced zucchini, brown mushrooms, onions, fresh moz, ParmR, "sauce" of leftover garlic/cheese butter with some EVOO stirred in, baked on a steel in oven, some leftover prosciutto I had frozen, torn up and placed on pizza after baking. Dough was purchased from Publix, seasoned Parmesan.
20230429_183349.jpg

Pizza or flatbread, whichever name floats your boat. Very thinly sliced zucchini, brown mushrooms, onions, fresh moz, ParmR, "sauce" of leftover garlic/cheese butter with some EVOO stirred in, baked on a steel in oven, some leftover prosciutto I had frozen, torn up and placed on pizza after baking. Dough was purchased from Publix, seasoned Parmesan.View attachment 64434
You had me at mushrooms!

I was going to make make Chaing Mai Chicken with Noodles...and then I zoned out, started a pot of Jasmine rice....ooops...so I switched to Mussamun Chicken with Potatoes...and Jasmine Rice! Shhhh...pretty good save? o_O
Whoa, I've made massaman chicken and that was a lot of work. I have no idea what Chaing Mai Chicken is, but would that really have been less effort than the massaman chicken?

Last edited:
Whoa, I've made massaman chicken and that was a lot of work. I have no idea what Chaing Mai Chicken is, but would that really have been less effort than the massaman chicken?
Chiang Mai chicken is more involved! Lots of work if making from scratch.
Perhaps @GinnyPNW used pre-prepared Massaman paste?

Decided to do some smoking this afternoon. I had rubbed a rack of baby backs and a turkey breast with appropriate rubs. I smoked them in my Weber kettle over hickory. The Turkey will be sliced for lunches and the ribs were part of tonight's dinner along with some baked beans and cole slaw.
Photo - 1.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom