Samosas..cheap as chips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We call the seed and the leaf coriander. I use both......lots.
I dry roast the seed and grind it to add to my curries.

Russ

I have occasionally heard or read "coriander greens". I love coriander and detest cilantro. :ermm: :LOL:

+1

I put whole coriander in my Corning/picking spice blend. Couldn’t find whole once so I left it out and my corned beef tasted flat. So I hunted down whole coriander and added it to the blend and all was right again. :chef:

I never buy cilantro because it tastes nasty to all of us but DD#2. She loves it.
We don’t mind it in prepared salsa, guacamole etc. at a restaurant so long as they go easy on it.

DD# 2 would buy Thai food and I only ate the salad with peanut dressing (it was so good). There was always a couple sprigs of cilantro in there. I would eat them every time hoping it would grow on me. But alas ... nope.

+1

I put whole coriander in my Corning/picking spice blend. Couldn’t find whole once so I left it out and my corned beef tasted flat. So I hunted down whole coriander and added it to the blend and all was right again. :chef:

I never buy cilantro because it tastes nasty to all of us but DD#2. She loves it.
We don’t mind it in prepared salsa, guacamole etc. at a restaurant so long as they go easy on it.

DD# 2 would buy Thai food and I only ate the salad with peanut dressing (it was so good). There was always a couple sprigs of cilantro in there. I would eat them every time hoping it would grow on me. But alas ... nope.
Yeah, to be honest, small amounts of cooked cilantro are fine.

I've found here in Quebec the french refer to both the seed and the herb as coriander. Many are confused when a recipe calls for cilantr o.

I find it really does make the dish but like a lot of you - sparingly!

My wife says she hates green coriander leafs which you call cilantro,however I put it in my Thai salads that she really loves. Go figure,lol. She eats the seeds which I grind for my curries as well. Weird.

Russ

I've been eating samosas for years without knowing it. We spend every New Year's Eve
with some friends in Soo Ontario. I always made the scallops, my egg rolld. And my chicken liver pate. She provifed Nanimo bars, lychee fruit, and what she calle "Indian pastries". They were filrd with curry-seasord grind berf. And finy diced potato, and deep-fried to petfecton
They were rsprcially good when served with oyster sauce, or my pinrapple sweet and sour sauce.

I looked up samosa, thinking this was somethig new to me. And after reading through some of the samodsa recipes, i knew that I had beeb eating thrm every New Year's Eve for 20 years.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom