Rubber or Silicone place mats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otuatail

Senior Cook
Hi. I was looking into non slip placemats for the dinning table. They have to be beat resistant. What would be best Rubber or Silicon. This is adult size not for children.

Thanks

Desmond.

I have seen leather also. Glass would not work.

Last edited:
These say for kids but they seem pretty large. Comes in several different colors. HTH

IYYI Silicone Placemats,Placemats for Kids,Placemats Set of 4 Waterproof Heat Resistant Non-Slip Placemats for Dining Table,Easy to Clean (Light Blue)

About this item

• ✿Premium Material: Made of 100% food-grade silicone, BPA-free, non-toxic, no fading. Added anti-slip texture to an otherwise smooth surface, strengthen friction, avoiding accidents.
  • ✿Heat Resistant: Temperature safe from -40 to +446℉, protect your tabletop against heat, burn, scratches, scuffs and spillage. Suit for countertop protector, microwave mat, insulation pad ect.
  • ✿Wide Uses: Fit all kinds of tables, both indoor and outdoor used, can be cut as needed. Perfect for party, holiday, resaurant, housewarming, great gifts for your family/friends.
  • ✿Easy to Maintain: Silicon placemats are waterproof, stain resistant. Put them in warm soapy water or dishwasher to remove stains easily. Easy to roll up and store without wrinkled.
  • ✿Package: Rolled up in a box for easy transportation, include placemats set of 4, each placemat is 17.6×12.5inches x 1 mm, thicker than others. Beautiful colors, easily decorate your table.
placemats.jpg

Hi. I was looking into non slip placemats for the dinning table. They have to be beat resistant. What would be best Rubber or Silicon. This is adult size not for children.

Thanks

Desmond.

I have seen leather also. Glass would not work.

Silicon is more heat resistant than rubber.

I would definitely choose silicone over rubber. With age, rubber hardens and can crack. I think silicone place mats sounds like a great idea. Just remember, that while they are very heat resistant, they are not very insulating in something as thin as a place mat.

Back
Top Bottom