Roasted leek lasagne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
This was my roasted leek lasagna (sorry, no picture--the pan of lasagna disappeared before Icould take one) and I this was a "I gotta use these things up". So I took a bunch (4) leeks, a couple of red peppers, some homemade meatless tomato sauce, a bunch of dragon kale, four portabella mushrooms, 8 oz ricotta cheese, 16 oz cottage cheese, and some homemade mozzarella cheese I'd made the day before. These ingredients screamed LASAGNA but I had no noodles, so I made a batch of pasta and threw everything together.

First I tossed the leeks. mushrooms, and peppers with some EVOO, S&P, put them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and roasted them for about 30-35 minutes at 425. Meanwhile, I drained the cottage cheese, mixed it with 2 eggs, the ricotta (8 oz) and the dragon kale. A layer of the tomato sauce, one sheet of pasta (I used my 8" x 8" pyrex dish--so had cut the pasta to fit), another layer of sauce, cheese mixture, some mozzarella cheese, roasted leeks, some of the roasted peppers, chopped, skin removed, mushrooms, more cheese, threw some more kale on top, another layer of pasta, repeat layers (3 layers of pasta). Final layer was béchamel sauce. Covered, baked at 375 for about 45 minutes, removed cover (I used a pizza pan--didn't have any foil) and cooked it for another 10 minutes. Let it rest for about 20 minutes. It was really tasty for a "throw together" dish and something new to do with leeks.

Back
Top Bottom