Requesting an incredibly difficult to make dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HerrB

Assistant Cook
So the new Stepdad of my Girlfriend will come over on the weekend.

He is a former Chef of the :lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky: - star hotel Le troix rois basel. He specifically asked for a hard dish to cook when he comes over.

So there we go. I recherched in the internet but apparently most of the dishes marked as difficult are mainly labeled because they take very long to prepare.

Also, It should taste very good. Any Recomendations to put him to the test?

Agree on the wellington... perfect risotto is also a challenge. But if I were in your shoes I would scope out some old episodes of Hell's Kitchen or MasterChef on YouTube and check late episodes in a season for judged challenges or the finales to see what the finalists prepare to see if anything catches your palette. Many of these are intricate and/or difficult.

I suggest that he make food you enjoy.

Seafood? How about coquilles st jacques (scallops with wine,cream and baked with fancy potatoes)

Eggs? Cheese souffle

You get the idea...

Personally... I might ask for the perfect omelet, lovely fresh baked bread and fresh asparagus with a hollandaise sauce. These things are not hard but need to be perfect ;) Excellent skill makes these simple ingredients shine.

Peking Duck

Sacher Torte

7 Layer butterscotch cake,

Great Italian Sub, constructed properly

Prime Rib Roast with Chasseur Sauce

Seafood Arrabbiata

Southern Italy syle Ragu with Bruschetta

Roasted goose

Crown Rib Roast

Flaky crust cherry pie

Blueberry pie

Just a few ideas. I have made all of thes, and they are showstoppers.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Ouh, that all sounds great. After all my girlfriend already asked for something. Its Braised beef with spaetzle, sauerkraut and glazed chestnuts. Ill post how it looks and tastes on sunday :chef:

Never aten from a Michelin 5-Star. Im so excited!

Back
Top Bottom