REQUEST for ADVICE to rescue sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"I suspect I put in too much Tamarind paste. I completely concur, this stuff is obviously pureed chutney."
I´d say cut the orange juice and the prunes. Tamarind doesn´t taste "citric" to me, just acidic. Orange juice might well account for the citricity (new word!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
I see no reason to use prunes; dates, absolutely, prunes, unneccesary. I´d also avoid the allspice.
And another thing. I probably made about 1,000,000 jars of chutney between 2004 - 2014. I can assure you that, if you leave them to mature, they definitely taste better and mellow the flavours.

Yes, likely among my mistakes, I did not use bottled juice, I squeezed an orange, an another mistake, I put in the pulpy interior as well as the juice.

The prunes were my idea, sort of. I think there is a sort of special jar or can stuff the original recipe calls for.

I used a rather tart variety of apple as well. The amounts of spice seemed pretty miniscule, and they are not offensive except someone said maybe the bitter come from the spices being old / burnt.

Most of the recipes make WAY too much for one person

Back
Top Bottom