Reduced Sodium Dry Rub, Kansas City-Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TAC1

Mobile Pitmaster
In the yard with my grill, back in the boonies of
The original name for this rub was Kansas City Barbeque Society Barbecue Rub, but I played around with it and cut the amount of salt you put in it by half so I guess I'll call it Kansas City-Style Dry Rub.

Kansas City-Style Dry Rub
Ingredients:

2 Cups Sugar
1/4 Cup Paprika
2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
1/2 Teaspoons Cayenne (Red) Pepper
1/4 Cup Salt
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
1 Teaspoons Garlic Powder

Directions:

Combine all ingredients and store in a tightly capped jar, or other container.

Who knows, I found the original recipe from a website and went back looking for it after a few years and never could find it again. I learned not to trust the internet so it might not even be the true KCBS branded Barbecue Rub Recipe... But it does have great flavor, especially after removing half the salt.

Appears so full of sugar a person could use all the salt they wanted and nobody would notice. The only good thing which ever come out of Kansas City is I 40. Or whatever is the handy exit road. I could Google up the road but I am busy right now. Thanks.

There's a place in independence, MO, not far from bass pro shop, that's pretty ok. Not compared to bbq joints in Omaha, but I'm from here, and know where to go. KC is known for bbq for a reason. they don't fuck around
down there

Well an old chum who took the eating tour in KC said it wasnt much better than anywhere else..they just give more to eat for the same money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom