Recipes for already cooked shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spring Rolls, how about with Mango. Layer shrimp, some coleslaw, mango, cilantro, mint.
Use a dipping sauce wirh lime, ginger, hoisin, srirscha, rice vinegar and fish sauce.
Yummy and great for theae hot days.

long thread, well worn . . .

but think about it for a sec.

you can used cooked shrimp in any dish with the sole caveat.....
don't over cook it.

if the shrimp is 'already cooked' it only needs to 'become warm/hot' again.
for the mostest part, it's only an issue of when to add shrimp to the in process cooking dish.

raw shrimp - 5 mins plus, depending on temp/heat of 'pre-done' dish.
pre-cooked shrimp not more than 3 minutes to warm thru.

Last edited:
Shrimp Rangoons

These lttile heaven-in-a-bite fried wontons are hust like crab rangoons, but made with shrimp instead of crab. Everyone who dines with you on these will thenk you.

Ingredients:
1 package wonton skins
finger bowl filled with water
1/2 cup minced, cooked shrimp
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning (optional)
1 tbs. sugar
Cooking oil

Soften the cream cheese in the microwave (heat for about 40seconds). Mix in the shrimp and sugar. Lay out one wonton skin on a piece of parchment papper (makes for easy clean up). Place a tbs. of the shrimp/cream cheese mixture on the middle ot the wonton skin. Wet the sides by dipping two fingers into the water, and then rubbing the wonton skin sides. Gently lift the corners and pinch together. Place on cooling rack until you have made all of other wontons you want. Deep fry in hot oil until golden. Serve with Chinese mustard, and sweet &sour sauce. Sprinkle cooked rangoons with Old Bat.

Seeeeya; Chief Longind of the North

Sounds interesting. It's been a very long time since I ate sushi, so I don't really remember what was in it. Do you happen to have a recipe for sushi salad?

Sticky rice cooked, seasoned with Chinese/asian vinegar and brown sugar, both to taste.
Thinly julienned cucumbers, carrots.
Sliced avocado.
Cooked shrimp or crab.
Layer everything. I don't know if it has to be in special order or the way you like it is just fine.
That's pretty much it.
You can add some nori, cut or crushed or even whole. Some people do, I don't.
Super simple.

Shrimp ceviche. Even though it's actually cooked instead of fake cooked, shrimp will taste great as part of a ceviche.

You can sub shrimp for the crawfish in this recipe.

Crawfish Pizza
Ingredients

Apricot Sauce
1/2 C apricot preserves
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp chili garlic paste (available @ oriental market)
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Pinch of salt

In a small sauce add all ingredients over low heat and stir. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring often. If too thick to drizzle, it can be thinned with a little water. Set aside.

Pizza
Ingredients

1/4 lb cooked crawfish tails (I purposely reserve tails from a crawfish boil to make other meals)
1 Tbsp homemade or purchased blackening seasoning
2 Tbsp extra virgin oilive oil
1/4 lb Andouille sausage split lengthwise and cut into small chunks (we make our own, but Ragin Cajun by Thomas is pretty good)
1 pizza crust (16"), lightly pre-grilled
1-1/2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
1 C shredded Mozzarella
1/2 C shredded Fontina (if we can't find Fontina, we use Fontenella)
1/2 C thinly sliced red onion
1 roasted red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and skin removed, cut into 1/4" strips

Rinse and dry crawfish with paper towels. In medium bowl, toss crawfish with blackening seasoning. Make sure tails are coated well. Unless you have an excellent exhaust system in your kitchen, this next step should be done outside using gas burner, like a jet cooker. Get a medium CI pan white hot. Add 1 Tbsp of the oil. Add the crawfish and stir to blacken (about 2 minutes). Add the andouille and stir for another minute, remove from pan and set aside. Brush one side of the crust with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and distribute the shredded cheeses evenly over the crust. Top with crawfish and andouille mixture making sure to evenly distribute over the pizza. Add red onions and roasted pepper strips. Drizzle evenly with apricot sauce. You can do the pizza in an oven until the cheese melts and bubbles, but I prefer either grilling or a wood fired oven. If you like cilantro, garnish with 1 Tbsp of torn leaves. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom