Recipe apps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
Do you use any app to collect, create and collate recipes? Which one do you like? I’ve been using Recipe Keeper from Apple’s App Store for a few months now, and I really like it. It can download recipes from most websites, editing is easy, and it’s very versatile for setting up categories. Best part of course is that it’s FREE!

This is a GREAT app! Recipe Keeper has trouble extracting recipes from some websites, Copy Me That has no problems at all. And it formats the recipes very nicely. Thanks so much for the tip!
I’ve been transferring all my recipes to this app. It is my goal to capture and collate every single recipe written in English on the Internet!

Just kidding (about the conquest). But the app is that fun. And it has a function to make a cookbook, full color, quality paper, hard-bound (NOT free! But not too dear, either).

This is a GREAT app! Recipe Keeper has trouble extracting recipes from some websites, Copy Me That has no problems at all. And it formats the recipes very nicely. Thanks so much for the tip!

You’re welcome. It also makes shopping lists which can be divided into individual recipe lists.

Copy me that can’t download from IE browser if it’s a https address. I that case I go to chrome or Firefox brown.

Last edited:
I used to use CMT on my iPhone and MacBook. With an iOS upgrade last year, the I lost the app. Still waiting for it to reappear.

27696-albums1090-picture7033.gif

Copy Me That can no longer by downloaded from the Apple Store for use on your iPhone.

It can still be used if you already have it on your phone but if you need to upgrade your phone you can't get it on the new phone.

The PC version is still available. I LOVE Copy Me That.

27696-albums1090-picture7033.gif

Copy Me That can no longer by downloaded from the Apple Store for use on your iPhone.

It can still be used if you already have it on your phone but if you need to upgrade your phone you can't get it on the new phone.

The PC version is still available. I LOVE Copy Me That.

I found that out months ago. A sad day for me. CMT made downloading recipes from all apps a snap.

Now if I see a recipe on my phone, I have to send it to my reading list on Safari and cut and paste it into a WORD doc.

I found that out months ago. A sad day for me. CMT made downloading recipes from all apps a snap.

Now if I see a recipe on my phone, I have to send it to my reading list on Safari and cut and paste it into a WORD doc.

Download CMT to Chrome or Firefox. That's what I use on my PC/laptop.

Send the link to your email and the use PC app to store in CMT.

I'm lucky I still have it on my phone.

Download CMT to Chrome or Firefox. That's what I use on my PC/laptop.

Send the link to your email and the use PC app to store in CMT.

I'm lucky I still have it on my phone.

Actually, I can send a recipe from my phone to my Safari reading list the add it to CMT on my laptop.

I've started using Paprika. It is available in all platforms, and syncs your phone, tablet & laptop. Not free - but very inexpensive. And has a capture feature to grab any recipe off the web.

I really like Copy Me That. I have started using my tablet in the kitchen, rather than printing out a recipe to use it in the kitchen.

I had a look at Paprika. One review said they really like the phone version, but hasn't bothered to get the PC version, because it costs ~$25 and they don't see the need, since it's so much more expensive than the mobile version they already have. I couldn't tell if there is a free trial.

Back
Top Bottom