Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great photo! Hopefully you're still active doing stuff outdoors.

Gimme, is that you on your bike? What kind of bike do you have?

Sorry bbqcoder not me. Just a great pic I caught from Hersheypark area. :)

Another golf course pic I took recently.

IMG_1747.jpg

Bill the butcher headstone (from gangs of New York). Green-wood Cemetery in Brooklyn. Btw he never even had a real headstone until the movie was about to come out. They bought it for him since he was going to be in a big blockbuster :)

IMG_1422.jpg

I ran across a old photo of myself today. This was taken in about 1967.

Did you ever see a person growing out of the wall of a cave? Here I am at age 20, in Ram's Horn Cave, just outside of White Sulphur Springs, Montana. A group of us were doing some amateur spelunking in Montana's 3rd largest cave. It's not a tourist cave. It was about a half mile walk from the highway through open pastureland up on a hillside. You could walk 10 feet away and never see it, but we had a person who'd been there and knew how to find it.

i-gzNjtJP-M.jpg

I went cave exploring near Fort Knox with my Boy Scout troop when I was about 13. I was small for my age, and very thin, so I could go into nooks and crannies that the others couldn't. I was fearless then, so I was eager to do it. We found this one separaton in the rock that was about 40 feet wide, 40 feet deep on a bout a 20 degree angle, and about 12 inches high. I gladly volunteered to shimmy down on my belly to see what was down there.

At the bottom was a big cave, with water running through it. There were bats on the ceiling of the cave, and bat $--t in the floor. There was also graffiti. The others shouted down to me, "What's down there?" I replied (I don't remember the real names) "John Doe was here." :LOL:

I can't see myself doing that now, even if I could.

CD

Rick and CD: My hat's off to both of you. No way I could crawl, climb, shimmy, slide into such confined spaces.

What wonderful pics! Thank you all for sharing. :)

Andy...same here. :LOL::ermm:There is no way I could shimmy my way into such a tight space without having a panic attack, no matter how young I was. Claustrophobic since...forever.

and that shadow in the foreground makes the person taking the picture about 8 maybe 10? feet tall. You one big guy Farmer Jon! :LOL::LOL:

I know exactly how big those things are... I'm often stuck behind one on the road going to the next field!

It's OK, that's country life.

Great pictures everyone..thank you.

This is a lovely bouquet sent from my "Lunch Bunch" ladies and my Lladro' "Shall We Dance" figurine from my sweet Souchef.

Attachments

• PC060023.jpg
    PC060023.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 131

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom