Quick Copy Me That question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I save a downloaded copy of my recipes to my local drive and a second network drive.

This is what a downloaded recipe looks like. It has a track back to the original website it came from included. I download in plain text, and it opens in a Notepad window. You can choose HTML form also if you want.

CMT-recipe-download.jpg

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Larry, I'm pretty new to CMT but from what I have surmised,
if I'm on a website and I like the recipe and I use the "extension" tab at the top right of my windows based laptop, it will save a "copy" of the recipe and a link to the site.
So that if you want to go back to that site easily you can.
But most times I find that the copy is fine, unless it's a really involved recipe. like the marmalade one I just CMT, it does show all of the details.
I know it's nearly a year since this thread quit getting relevant posts, but I just remembered something. Not only does CMT save a copy of the recipe and of the link, that recipe will still be there if the link breaks. I have a few recipes where the recipes have been removed from the original site, but I still have the recipe with all of the instructions and my notes. That's on the site, whether or not I have backed up the recipe(s) to my computer.

Top Bottom