Question related to converting LP burner to NG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melvang

Assistant Cook
So, I know when converting from LP to NG, the office size has to be enlarged due to the power operating pressure to increase volume.

My question, when switching, assuming proper sizes office and good flame, do you really lose much for BTUs with NG vs propane?

LPG has approximately twice the BTU's of Ng per cubic foot. So you would need to determe the flow rate per unt time to detemine an accurate comparison. This would also allow you to fetermine cost as well, if you kbow the cost of each.

I know. Convert to MAP Gas. Just kidding.

Seeeeya; Chief Lomgwind of the North

Last edited:
LPG has approximately twice the BTU's of Ng per cubic foot. So you would need to determe the flow rate per unt time to detemine an accurate comparison. This would also allow you to fetermine cost as well, if you kbow the cost of each.

I know
Conv

Cost is the least of my concerns. I don't have any fundamental issues with LP, but there is the creature comfort of not having to keep LP tanks topped off or regulator issues.

the reason the orifice must be changed is to compensate for the volume needed to produce "the same" BTU at the burner. propane/LPG burns slightly (~50F') hotter than natural gas.
bottom line: the conversion should be "equal" but minor differences may occur.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom