Question about slow cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keezee

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone does anyone elses slow cooker use a lot of electricity it say's it shouldn't use that much but the credit on my smart meter goes down really fast when it's on

Hi keezee, Welcome to DC.

In my opinion, it might be using a bit more power to get up to the temperature required. But once there I should imagine the slow cooker/crock pot is designed to hold that temperature using a lot less power than if it were on the stove top (hob) or in the oven.

Have you noticed it just at the beginning? or does the meter seem to continue through out the entire process?

Again, it should probably fluctuate, high at the beginning, then less, coming on sporatically to keep the temperature.

It continues throughout the cooking it seems to use more than the tumble dryer and washing machine i might need a new slow cooker lol

WOW... I think just maybe you might!

Electric Dryers and Electric Ovens use highest power here! Those appliances here are on 220 whereas the burners and even the washer use only 110.

Don't know how that translates over there, :rolleyes: but I think it is pretty similar, just different numbers. :ermm: :LOL::LOL:

and there is no way a slow cooker should use that kind of power!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom