Pulled Pork (South Carolina Style Optional)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fuzzy1

Assistant Cook
FuzzyKoehler has shared a video with you on YouTube: http://youtu.be/9HNxX8DHIOA

Fuzzy's Pulled Pork

The following recipe is a demonstration on how to prepare my Pulled Pork on a Big Green Egg. I have received a lot of feedback to shorten my videos...but I simply cannot shorten all of them. Asking to shorten a 29 hour process in less than 18 minutes is a little ridiculous...so just fast forward if you have to. I DO apologize about the thoroughness and overemphasis on some of the points on this video however...I just wanted to make sure that a few key points were made clear.

Fair Warning: The last step on this video is 100 percent optional. If you serve the meat before that point...it will still be some of the most tender, juicy pork you've ever had.

Your comments, questions, and concerns are welcome...and I'd appreciate it if you would share your experience or tweaks to this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 Boston Butt (Pork Shoulder)
2-3 Bottles of BBQ Sauce
Dry Rub
Olive Oil
Vegetable Spread
1 Aluminum Drip Pan
Aluminum Foil
Apple Wood Chips
Apple Juice

Pairs With: These should be juicy enough on their own...but add extra BBQ sauce if you must.

Suggested Side(s):
Sweet Potato Fries
Greenbeans

Method Of Cooking:
Big Green Egg (other smoker or grill) with a V Rack on your cast iron grate...all set on a plate setter with your drip pan in between the grate and setter. Large amount of Natural Lump Charcoal at 210-240 degrees for 6-8 hours...or an internal temperature of 176-170 (cook times will vary based on Egg temperature).

Total Cook/Prep Time: 29 hours, 1 hour of prep, 20 hours of brining, 6-8 hours for cooking (you may want to watch the entire LOST series)

Feeds: 8 lumberjacks, 12 "growing boys", 16 people, or an army of hipsters

Double or Triple the recipe for a serious throw-down!

Leftovers? Freeze pork and slow cook in your crock-pot with additional sauce for an hour or two.

Back
Top Bottom