Price of Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For my tool box. Good quality, made in the USA.
Not bad for 7 bucks!
I’m getting another for the kitchen.... IMG_0565.jpg

The Manager of the Sox took the trophy to his home town in PR. With all that the island has been through these past couple of years from hurricanes, they need something to cheer about. Glad Boston was able to bring some joy to them!

No, I'm just my own private handyman... :)
It's just that when it comes to tools that I use often, I like to buy once and cry once.

Not all that long ago an electrician would not be caught dead with any other brand of tools especially screwdrivers, side cutters, diagonals and other tools Klein marketed to electricians.
Today many of the younger guys are going with Wera and other brands and report better results at similar prices. Once the box stores were able to sell Klein it seemed quality was lost?
Klein screwdrivers wear out in no time if you use them every day. Now the side cutters I have are 30 years old and still cut very well.
Of course some tools like Channelock and Ideal were always accepted in our industry.

For my tool box. Good quality, made in the USA.
Not bad for 7 bucks!
I’m getting another for the kitchen.... View attachment 32159

America? Better double check that. Might be assembled in America, but the materials are all sourced from China and other Asian countries.

I like the bottle opener. I don't have one.

When I bought mine the package said "Beverage Tool" and the end had an image of a bottle cap. I never buy beer in cans, yuck.

Letherman tools was an advertiser years ago, and gave me all kinds of stuff. My favorite is the SkeleTool. There is a bottle opener on the handle, where the carabiner clip is.

CD

Attachments

• 18_tools.jpg
    18_tools.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 194
When I lived in Denmark, we often wore wooden shoes similar to this. We would put a screw in the arch, something like the one I added to this photo. It meant we had a bottle opener with us most of the time.

Attachments

• beer opener clog.jpg
    beer opener clog.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 215
Letherman tools was an advertiser years ago, and gave me all kinds of stuff. My favorite is the SkeleTool. There is a bottle opener on the handle, where the carabiner clip is.

CD

I love my SkeleTool CX......it's been my EDC for several years now. My other favorite is the Leatherman Rebar which I recently acquired.

Yeah, all these multi-tools come with some sort of bottle cap lifters, some good, some not so good.

America? Better double check that. Might be assembled in America, but the materials are all sourced from China and other Asian countries.

I like the bottle opener. I don't have one.

Well, it actually says 'made in the USA' , at least on the handle part.
Not America, as 'America' can mean anywhere made in North, Central, or South America.

My sons' a bit of a beer snob.
He's been known to pay $25-30 for a 12 pack. :wacko:

But he says there are more expensive ones.

I've been drinking beer for a lot of years. Started out with Bud, tried others until I found a fairly new beer that I really liked. I've been drinking that beer ever since and see no need to change. I pay about $13-$15 for a 12-pack.

Since I quit drinking cold turkey in 2020, prices have no meaning any more. We still buy beer and wine to cook with and Karen still drinks wine and amaretto.

Since I quit drinking cold turkey in 2020, prices have no meaning any more. We still buy beer and wine to cook with and Karen still drinks wine and amaretto.

I like your tag line -"Emeralds are real gems". They are one of the 4 precious stones, which include diamonds, rubies, sapphires, and emeralds. Unlike the other three though, if an emeralds is free of inclusions, it's a man made stone, which isn't worth as much. Emeralds are relatively soft, and when found naturally in the ground, will always have flaws.

What has that to do with the price of beer; nothing. It is interesting though, at least to me:rolleyes:.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Speaking of which, do you still have them Craig? If yes, how old are they now?

Chief, I think you will find that Craig's "gems" are by nature found winding around up in trees, rather than by digging for them in the ground!

Yeah, but it's Bud Light.

When you drink as much beer as I do, heavy craft beers are not advised.
Like I always tell the beer snobs.
"I don't want to eat my beer, I want to drink it".
Heavy dark beer does have its place and I will order it out. But I never bring it home from the store. The only other beer besides Bud Light is Corona.
I also like Miller High Life (in the clear bottle) And have been known to buy Natural Lite as well. I like lagers and lighter beer. I buy many times on price alone.
My wife likes Corona and I like my wife when she drinks Corona....lol So I buy that for her.

Here in Texas we are blessed with many Mexican beers. We like Negro Modelo, Corona, and Dos Equis. We buy them all.

We don't drink much beer, but after a morning in the garden or mowing, my husband enjoys a "cold one." Sometimes a simple dinner calls for a beer rather than wine.
"Yeah, but it's Bud Light." Right Andy. My husband fondly refers to Bid Light as "horse piss."

Here in Texas we are blessed with many Mexican beers. We like Negro Modelo, Corona, and Dos Equis. We buy them all.

We don't drink much beer, but after a morning in the garden or mowing, my husband enjoys a "cold one." Sometimes a simple dinner calls for a beer rather than wine.
"Yeah, but it's Bud Light." Right Andy. My husband fondly refers to Bid Light as "horse piss."

I have certain meals that call for beer. Burgers, Chinese food, pizza, to name a few. I have enjoyed a Dos Equis or two. Not a fan of Corona. I don't put lime in my beer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom