Pork Belly Recipe Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, already wrapped up in the oven. I would say an inch thick is very close. And then 11 x11 inches square. I measured the square.

Cut your 4 pound pork belly into three pieces. Each will be close to 1.5 pounds. Then follow the recipe. You can cook one of the three pieces or all of them.

I cut it into two pieces and am cooking at 225 for 6 hours. 1 hour in now. Should I turn it up, down? What do you think?

If you have a digital thermometer that you can leave in the meat while it's roasting, put it into the meat with the tip centered in the thickest part. Place it all on a rack, and roast at 225' until the thermometer alarm goes off. The meat should be fat side up. Make sure to season all sides of your pork belly before roasting. Score the fat cap with diagonal slices, about an inch apart, taking care not to slice into the meat. Make sure to set the alarm on your thermometer for your target temp.

When the temp is reached, turn off the oven and turn on the broiler. broil the roast until the fat cap is crispy brown. Use any pan juices to make a sauce, or gravy.

My goto side for this would be chunky smashed spus with the gravy, or butter, and a side of a wet cole slaw.

Hope this helps.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

If you have a digital thermometer that you can leave in the meat while it's roasting, put it into the meat with the tip centered in the thickest part. Place it all on a rack, and roast at 225' until the thermometer alarm goes off. The meat should be fat side up. Make sure to season all sides of your pork belly before roasting. Score the fat cap with diagonal slices, about an inch apart, taking care not to slice into the meat. Make sure to set the alarm on your thermometer for your target temp.

When the temp is reached, turn off the oven and turn on the broiler. broil the roast until the fat cap is crispy brown. Use any pan juices to make a sauce, or gravy.

My goto side for this would be chunky smashed spus with the gravy, or butter, and a side of a wet cole slaw.

Hope this helps.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

If you had read the previous posts you would have seen that:

A. She already had a recipe she was following that had its on side.
B. It was already in the oven.

Last edited:
I did read the post, and understood her roar was already cooking. I should have stated in my post that this is another way to roast pork belly, and get a crispy, yummy layer on top. Sorry for not being more clearer. Iwas just giving another option for the future

My goal, in all of my posts, is to help others get the best recipes, and great variety. The more options you have, the better chance you will have of finding a personal favorite, and a chance of comparing different cooking techniques,

eeeeya; Dhief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom