Please bear with

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
XenForo has a "Spam Clean" option - bans user and deletes all posts / PMs from user with a single click....

I am but a lowly Moderator.
Admin is a different category :-p

Thanks for the tip dcSaute! Much appreciated although I'm pretty sure they will know how to handle it.

There's really no need to report more of them, folks - we see them!

I saw 50 unique posts when I took a peek at the forum in the wee hours. 50! You probably had even more by the time you got to cleaning house. A busy day of playing Whack-a-Mole.

Well, I'm pretty sure they named every College and University in the World and quite possibly the Universe!

So we should all get multiple diplomas, PHD's maybe even Doctorates!

Don't aim those thanks to me... I just sat and deleted like an idiot til I finally realized I wasn't getting anywhere.

your other Admins and Mods are responsible plus I believe the munchkin we have caged in the depths of the system is responsible for finally putting that bug into outer space, hopefully to never return.

6d8610716e9709f23e5b678365e40b6c.jpg

Is all this from the same IP address? I'm pretty sure you have access to a "Spam" clean.
I'm surprised its still happening today.
This should be easy to fix in one action unless every spam post is a different entity. I haven't looked.
Edit: I just checked and it is the same entity. Go to the profile page of this spammer and find the "Spam Clean" option in moderator tools.
I hope you have this option as its standard across most every platform.

Here I found this for you.

The spam cleaner​

XenForo includes a tool for use directly on user-generated content, called the spam cleaner. Its purpose is to quickly and efficiently deal with any spam that has been posted to your forum with just a few clicks.

Content that is eligible for spam cleaning will have a Spam link near its normal Edit and Delete controls.

Configuring the spam cleaner​

1. Log in to the Admin control panel.
  2. Click on Options from the Options / Setup section of the navigation panel.
  3. Select the Spam Management group from the list.
There are several sections on the resulting page which work in conjunction to help keep your site free of unwanted visitors and content.

• The spam cleaner can be made available for use on members, based on message count, elapsed days since registering, and the number of Likes that member has received. This is configured via the Spam Cleaner User Criteria option.
  • For any members who do not meet the criteria, by having a higher message or like count or having been registered for more days than the set limit, the spam cleaner will not be available. It will be necessary to increase the values to make it available for those members.
  • The default options control which checkboxes are already selected when running the spam cleaner. The checkboxes can be selected or deselected each time it is run, regardless of the settings here.
  • The actions to be taken with affected threads and messages include being able to permanently delete them, remove them from public view, and in the case of threads, move them to a specific forum.
  • The default email text entered here can also be edited each time the spam cleaner is run.
  • The IP check will return any matches from other members, for the past number of days specified.
Note
To make the spam cleaner available at all times for all content regardless of its author or age, set all three Spam Cleaner User Criteria options to 0.

Using the spam cleaner​

To use the spam cleaner, a user must have the appropriate spam cleaner permission enabled. This can be done by way of user group or user permissions, as explained in detail in the Permissions section of this manual.

The spam cleaner itself can be run from several locations:

• On a thread or profile post by clicking the Spam link near the Edit and Delete controls.
  • On a member card by clicking the Spam link which overlays the avatar.
  • On a profile page by clicking the Spam link in the Moderator Tools menu.
Clicking any of those links will result in a Spam Cleaner overlay from where you can select the actions to be taken. This can range from a simple IP check, to a permanent ban and removal of all content.

Note
Banned users do not automatically show as being banned nor do they have any specific markup applied to their user name or title. Refer to the Discouraging and Banning section for further information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom