Piri piri sauce Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
So yesterday was my first experience with Piri Piri sauce.
Im in NYC seeing one of Paul Simons last concerts and grabbed something to eat prior to the show. When I go to places Ive been before, Im one of those people who orders the same thing over and over again once ive found something I like. But, when going to a new place, that is usually my opportunity to try something Ive never had before. So, I got a sandwich smothered with piri piri sauce and I loved it.

I did the google thing and searched for a recipe, but I see many different varieties of the same sauce.

I was wondering if anyone has a favorite recipe for this sauce.

The one I ate had a little spice to it, but not overbearing, a lemon tanginess to it , but subtle. A nice red color( probably from peppers), Definitely tasted onion, garlic or both. The sauce was blended to a smooth consistency so I could only identify the flavors by taste, not visual or consistency .

Tje google results had a few promising recipes that could be similar to what I had.

Just curious what anyone elses experience had been with this sauce, a recipe for it ( doesnt have to be exactly as I described above), and what they put it on.

***Im typing this post very early , minutes after I woke up in a dark hotel room, so I apologize in advance for severe spelling or grammar errors, as I cant see a thing cause ive dimmed the screen significantly so my wife won't physically beat me***

Now excuse me while I go eat the other half of the sandwich for my ' pre-breakfast'

All the Peri Peri sauce I have seen looked like the ingredients were all chopped very fine.

Of course it was on TV. And where does one find Nando?

We made some a long time ago for something, neither of us remembers what. The recipe is somewhere in our cut-out clippings and tape them on pages cookbook or in the clippings box still to be taped. I'll look and see if I can find it.

Sigh, it's so much easier to find recipes in the computer cookbook. We hardly ever look at the homemade paper cookbook anymore and there are some really good recipes in there.

We made some a long time ago for something, neither of us remembers what. The recipe is somewhere in our cut-out clippings and tape them on pages cookbook or in the clippings box still to be taped. I'll look and see if I can find it.

Sigh, it's so much easier to find recipes in the computer cookbook. We hardly ever look at the homemade paper cookbook anymore and there are some really good recipes in there.
I understand that.. A few years back, Jeannie typed a bunch of my paper recipes into my computer.. We found things I hadn't thought of in years.. It was kinda fun for me as, I wasn't the one typing.. ;) :LOL:
Ross

I understand that.. A few years back, Jeannie typed a bunch of my paper recipes into my computer.. We found things I hadn't thought of in years.. It was kinda fun for me as, I wasn't the one typing.. ;) :LOL:
Ross
One can also scan the recipe that's on paper and then OCR it. OCR has gotten quite good. (OCR = Optical Character Recognition) It's also available in some free software.

I saw this sauce at our local chain supermarket for $2.99 for a 4.7 oz. bottle. There were medium and garlic flavors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom