Pineapple ratchat sauce.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kali-Ann G

Assistant Cook
Jah bless everyone.

OK this we call ratchat in Patois, some island may call it different name me think actually Bajans call it CoCoPine.
Ratchat is particular to Kingston Parish. It is sold made fresh at coronation market you take you own jar and boom as much as you like for a few dollar, but it easy to make at home as me do.
Again man this calls for peppers so be careful OK.

We go man,
3/4 of small pineapple.
8 Moruga Scorpions.
8 Chocolate Ghost.
1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
Juice from 2 lemon.
1 teaspoon grate horseradish.
4 large clove Garlic.
5 Shadow beni leaf.

Wash the peppers and take away the stems. Peel the pineapple and chop in small chunks, do not forget take away the core! Juice the lemons. Chop up the Shadow beni.
Put all the ingredient in a blender. Blend til it smooth man. Put in a jar with a tight lid, the heat will lessen after maybe one week in the fridge.

Jah bless,

Kali-Ann

Sounds good. What is it used for?

Hi Taxlady,

Mostly me use with fish me add a little to make a stuffing for putting inside the fish. Goes very nice with Mahi Mahi, snapper and shark. It to strong for delicate like lobster. Me also add some when me marinade shrimp. The four I post are basic of everything man.
As time go on me post how and why use it.

Jah bless
Kali-Ann

I was wondering about that as I typed it.

I will be trying this one for sure.

Yeah man do so.
It a sauce put it on what ever you feel, as me never taste pork me have no idea what it be like but me would be interested to find out! Me know many in Jamaica eat pork but we do not man.

Jah bless man,

Kali-Ann

Back
Top Bottom