Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it has been "one of those days". everything i tried to do i screwed up. was almost done with blanket for great granddaughter. the bobbin ran out, when i tried to fell it, the needle came unthreaded. i tried for fifteen mins. to thread, and gave up. my eyes just aren't so good anymore.

was making applesauce muffins. stuck the pan in oven just in time to realize that i hadn't put in baking soda or baking pwd. hauled them out , scraped into the bowl, added leavenings. and put back in. they seem to be ok.

was cooking my dinner and burnt the fried okra. i am afraid to do anything else, would probably set myself on fire.

definitely not my day, lol

it has been "one of those days". everything i tried to do i screwed up. was almost done with blanket for great granddaughter. the bobbin ran out, when i tried to fell it, the needle came unthreaded. i tried for fifteen mins. to thread, and gave up. my eyes just aren't so good anymore.

was making applesauce muffins. stuck the pan in oven just in time to realize that i hadn't put in baking soda or baking pwd. hauled them out , scraped into the bowl, added leavenings. and put back in. they seem to be ok.

was cooking my dinner and burnt the fried okra. i am afraid to do anything else, would probably set myself on fire.

definitely not my day, lol

Babe open your eyes sleepy head it's going to be a beautiful day for you today... Everything you touch will turn to gold, and yesterday, well it will just be yesterday... BIG HUGS from the other coast... :):):)

My new kitchen is almost finished and ready for action, and beautiful it is - white on white:)
The dream was to accessorise in chocolate and turquoise, but it seems that that colour scheme is "OUT!" and red and black is "IN". Not one kitchen store, not even Target or KMart have choc/turq. or even aqua which would have done at a pinch just red, red and more red.
ARRRGH!!!

I know what you mean! You have your heart set on those colors and no dice! That stinks.

Maybe you should consider either black to contrast the white on white or white to carry on the theme.

Microsoft Word 2007

Today my boyfriend's mom and I got frustrated with Microsoft Word 2007. Last week her boss put in new computers in the office that has Windows 7 and Word 2007. It took her almost the whole week to adjust to Word 2007. I have Word 2007 on my laptop, but I don't use it often, only when I type out essays for school. She wanted to know how to use autotext on Word '07. I have no idea so we researched on the internet to figure out how to use autotext. It took us 2 hours to find out that autotext is no longer available on Word '07 and that it's now called building blocks. She got mad because she depended on autotext when she was using Word 2003 at her office. Overall I don't like Word '07. I miss using Word 2003. The new changes are confusing. Does anyone else who have used Word '07 felt frustrated like me?

I know what you mean! You have your heart set on those colors and no dice! That stinks.

Maybe you should consider either black to contrast the white on white or white to carry on the theme.
Thanks Andy for the advice. I looked around and thought, 'well yes the espresso machine is black, and so is the body of the spice carosel, but, beautiful as it is, the whole thing needs a lift. Maybe I will wait until I get the floors done."
So today... and here comes another rant... I had two guys come to give me quotes on the flooring,for both kitchen and living areas.
First one brought so many samples that the half the living room floor was covered with them. He was polite, and cooperative; listened to me when I explained my budget considerations. (I think he has got the job.)
The second guy brought only one type of carpet sample... dreadully cheap and nasty and one lot of vinyl - shockingly expensive.
He really p....d me off. He said that prehaps they might be able to to a better price than he was quoting. Me, "Mate, I asked you for your best price...you don't get a second chance. Am not coming back next week and telling you that ABC flooring gave me this price, what can you do?"
That didn't seem to sink in. "Well just come down (1.5hrs drive away) and have a look around and we will see what we can do." ***&&^% My spouse has already been to the store and outlined both our budget and what we require and that certanly bore no resemblence to the samples presented today.

Honestly, don't these people understand English. And do they not realise that there is competition out there.

Sigh!!
missM

looks like i have been venting all over the site. so many negative comments. i will try to do better tomorrow,. so tired i am giddy.

Babe Sweetie there have been no negative comments, just words to uplift you... We all have days where nothing seems to go right, and the worlds gonna end if the brownies don't turn out just right... Everyone here just wants you to know that it's ok to have one of those days, and we will still be here for you...XOXO

babe, this is why this thread is here. When you feel bd, we feel bad and if we can help by just listening, we will. Remember you are part of the DC family and we do care about you. So if you feel like it, lay down on the floor, kick you feet and yell to high heaven, then sit up and know we love you.
kades

babe, this is why this thread is here. When you feel bd, we feel bad and if we can help by just listening, we will. Remember you are part of the DC family and we do care about you. So if you feel like it, lay down on the floor, kick you feet and yell to high heaven, then sit up and know we love you.
kades
I second that! We're here for you Babe. I know I've done my fair share of venting, and that is because I can. I feel comfortable sharing my woes with you all because you are family. :cool:

:)Barbara

for the past two weeks, my internet provider basically has not been working for much of the day....I can get a connection in the early mornings and early evenings....either it is too cloudy, too sunny, too windy, too dark, too rainy or too pretty, to get all the lights on the tower to stay lit. We have Hughes.net. I see that dh has put on his calendar to check out a cell phone service for our internet connection when he gets back...it's been kinda rough not having use of the computer for much of the time..

A local chain restaurant (you know the one, the one with the fruit and insect in its name, which is already horrible, IMO), just got themselves on a lot of folk's "never go there again" list.
Friends had recently taken their two young children there to celebrate the youngest's birthday. She was soooo looking forward to the staff singing "Happy Birthday" to her. Guess what? The staff refused, saying they were only a party of four and they only sing for parties of 6 or more.
The girl was broken hearted. She also has autism.
This was cruel on the part of that staff, IMO. I've only eaten there a few times, and the food and service were never good. Now I have even more reason to never step foot in there again.

Last edited:
Fruit and insect? I actually don't know which one that is, PM me if you don't want to post it so I don't inadvertently visit one.

for the past two weeks, my internet provider basically has not been working for much of the day....I can get a connection in the early mornings and early evenings....either it is too cloudy, too sunny, too windy, too dark, too rainy or too pretty, to get all the lights on the tower to stay lit. We have Hughes.net. I see that dh has put on his calendar to check out a cell phone service for our internet connection when he gets back...it's been kinda rough not having use of the computer for much of the time..

We have been having computer problems - I was on the phone quite a while and really didn't get things going right. Sometimes I get thru and other times everything seems to hang. Not fun at all.

not orange
honey ___

We eat at one in a neighboring town (over 2 hours away), and it's always enjoyable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom