Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What they should do is reconfigure the time zones and move New England into the Atlantic time zone. Railroad companies developed and implemented time zones for efficiency in train travel. They didn't want to cut the country into five zones.

Himself told me once that it had been considered briefly to shift time zone lines to do just that, but office based companies argued that a five hour difference from the east to the west coasts would make conducting business difficult, so nothing got done. While a standard time makes it possible to coordinate schedules, "working hours" have become much more fluid in recent times.

Not sure if this belongs in the "Vents" category, but it is the closest topic? We needed to run to the grocery store for the last of the fruits, veggies and dairy items needed for Thanksgiving. We decided to go to Freddies since they have DH's preferred Jeans there too. Went to the Men's department and discovered that most things are now on racks with wire cables securing them in place. No way to remove them from the rack and no one around that can help do same. So, we had to skip new pants on this trip. Also, noticed that the entrance now has "Security" guards. Yes, plural...2 guards per door. (Vancouver (WA) has not yet legalized theft, like some places!) Some time back...maybe last holiday season...we noticed the guards and POLICE at the local mall, but grocery store guards is new, here. Sad times.

My vent:
If you've read my post in Going MIA, DH has been through the wringers!
His family members, who never get in contact with us, are all of a sudden ringing the phone off the hook ... this peeves me more than I can say.
In the past, we have been on the "incommunicado list"
(other than our Grand Nephew who is Mentally and Physically challenged and thinks it's his 'job' to call Uncle EVERYDAY, that's the only way they found out!!)
with all of them, that's fine by me, don't really want anything more to do with any of them.
They've all treated both of us like :poop:, but Uncle tried to explain to the Grand Nephew what has happening to him and that he'd call him when he could (aka, stop calling me while I'm sick).
Now, with the other family members, it's all, "I love you, are you okay, Jake said... ."
FORGET THIS NOISE!!! (I want to use stronger words but...)
They've also been texting me at the worst moments, STOP!!! It's a good thing that I've put both of our cell phones on silent when needed.
I forgot to silence Uncle's phone and as he was just coming out of his last surgery, Grand Nephew called and wanted to do a "Face Time" call o_O

Aww, Kgirl, that's a b***h.

When my daughter's start texting at marathon rate between each other (and myself) but for me, inappropriate times, I just put thieir numbers on 'ignore' or 'silent'. My problem is to remember to put them back on... LOL.
You could also silence all your notifications and then just check them once in a while to see if there is anything needy.
Just plain don't answer any of the ones you don't want to. Your frustration and anger will abate much faster.

Hugs

@Kaneohegirlinaz I would keep in touch with them in the same way they have kept in touch with you - ignore, ignore, ignore.

This is why people have friends. They can be nicer to hang around with than relatives. ;)
This is why some of us refer to a subset of our friends as "chosen family".

@taxlady so very true!

@Cooking Goddess my Neighborhood Gal Pals had better manners than his relatives, they waited for me to contact them with updates.

@Andy M. that's exactly what I told DH. I had deleted all of them from my contact list, so I had no idea who these texts were coming from. DH said, "oh that's so-and-so, respond to them."
NO!
If you know who they are, you text them on YOUR phone, I'm not!
The last one I got was saying how much this person loved us both and if I wanted to talk to call her ... I haven't called you in how long now? What makes you think that I'm going to want to share anything with you?
I deleted them all and ignore, ignore, ignore damn it!

@dragnlaw what really burned my britches was yesterday Grand Nephew, who is HF Autistic, called Uncle to tell him about his second round of Thanksgiving meal (but never asked Uncle how he was doing, that's not why he calls), when Uncle said that he had to go, GN said, "wait, my Mom wants to talk to you too." I don't like that sneak attach approach. I had to go outside and check on ... ummm ... how cold it was outside, yeah, that's what I had to do.

Thank you all for allowing me to vent AND supporting me, I appreciate this more than you know.

and I quote:...
the literal meaning of aloha is "the presence of breath" or "the breath of life."
Aloha is a way of living and treating each other with love and respect...

Aloha, my friend and hugs.

and I quote:...
the literal meaning of aloha is "the presence of breath" or "the breath of life."
Aloha is a way of living and treating each other with love and respect...

Aloha, my friend and hugs.
HEH!
Yeah, what happened to our "signatures"?

yes @dragnlaw I "Live Aloha" every day.
It's a thing in Hawaii and I want to continue that here in Cowboyville, AZ, USA.
But I gotta tell ya, that lot called DH's family, don't deserve my ALOHA, maybe that's mean but I can only turn my cheek so many times before I turn my back!

Okay, boys and girls. Get a load of this.

Every December we have to pay taxes on our (deemed by the state) historical 1985 Oldsmobile Toronado. It's mint and our pride and joy, in spite of the front doors weighing as much as a battleship but, then, some of you know this.

Now the odyssey begins.

By mid-October we receive a postcard-like notice that indicates our tax on the car must be paid by such-and-such date. No biggie. The tax amount is noted and also has a caveat that says if we pay by check via USPS there would be an additional $2.00 fee. Hmmmm!

Well, since I pass the payment office multiple times a month, I opt to pay there.

Drum roll now...the tax fee is 63 cents annually for our beloved Toronado.

Last year I brought them 63 pennies and a zipper bag, as I will this time. Must be something evil in me. Never mind!

But...

How much did it take to print and generate the original card, process the humble payment (office staff to receive it and give me my receipt), to say nothing of all the paper/electronic efforts, postage fees, then send it on to our state's coffers?

All for 63 cents!!

Katie, just after we moved here to the farm, we received a notice that our property taxes were overdue and there was a penalty. The county office had not notified us of taxes due, and had sent the notice to the previous owners. We promptly paid the amount, and then I went to the county, told them they had screwed up, and the penalty should be refunded to us. I ended up talking to three bureaucrats, and finally got the penalty refunded.
The penalty was less than the time of office staff, paper work, and three offices involved. They deserved to lose money for being inefficient!
I love the 63 cents in a bag--you are not evil, just inventive!

Why is the dental assistant so young? Why is everyone so young?
In my experience , many dental assistants use assisting as a stepping stone from high school to getting into a Hygiene program. Its a great move on their part, but creates a revolving door for a dental practice. Always hiring new assistants just for them to leave after a few years ( and sometimes being rehired as a hygienist, or sometimes a Dentist).

Why is the dental assistant so young? Why is everyone so young?
It is the "authority" figures that get me! The police ppl look like high school kids! Once upon a time, FBI raided a neighbor (years back, down in So Cal)...and I swear they could NOT have been more than 17 or maybe 18 years old!!! I was going to go to the market, turned around and just stayed home!

It is the "authority" figures that get me! The police ppl look like high school kids! Once upon a time, FBI raided a neighbor (years back, down in So Cal)...and I swear they could NOT have been more than 17 or maybe 18 years old!!! I was going to go to the market, turned around and just stayed home!
I hear ya. I remember going to my kids parent teacher night ( years ago, my kids are in their 20's now). I remember being at least 10 - 15 years older than their teachers. I also remember one of them giving me text book, rehearsed advice on why my kid wasn't paying attention in class. She was so young, I doubt she had any kids, let alone one school aged. No offense to her, her education, the teaching profession .... but her advice was clearly coming from someone who didnt and never had kids of their own that age. Also, going to a ball game and the players are my kids age ( making a zillion dollars).

I also remember going back to visit some of my high school teachers ( after having graduated a few years prior) and looking at the students who looked way too young to be in high school.

I finally came to the conclusion that Im just getting old lol

1. I have NEVER had the same Dental Hygienist twice... ever! That includes having gone to the same Dentist for over 15 years... and now includes 3 more Dentist.

2 I have a cold... or something. No fever, no aches or pains (other than the normal).
I have a runny nose. A tingle 'up there' that a tissue cannot reach.
My nostrils are raw.
I have finished a box of Kleenix (144 count tissue count) a box of Royal (100 count) another 1/2 box of Royal and various other tissues while passing by.
I have sneezing fits. I stopped counting at 25 in a row.
I cannot walk across the room without running to get another tissue.
Please leave me alone,
No, I do not want any soup.
No, I do not want sympathy.
I want to be left alone.
That goes for you as well Cats, both of you!
Same for you dog... just go away, no, I do not want to play, leave me alone...
I like being miserable all by myself.

1. I have NEVER had the same Dental Hygienist twice... ever! That includes having gone to the same Dentist for over 15 years... and now includes 3 more Dentist.

2 I have a cold... or something. No fever, no aches or pains (other than the normal).
I have a runny nose. A tingle 'up there' that a tissue cannot reach.
My nostrils are raw.
I have finished a box of Kleenix (144 count tissue count) a box of Royal (100 count) another 1/2 box of Royal and various other tissues while passing by.
I have sneezing fits. I stopped counting at 25 in a row.
I cannot walk across the room without running to get another tissue.
Please leave me alone,
No, I do not want any soup.
No, I do not want sympathy.
I want to be left alone.
That goes for you as well Cats, both of you!
Same for you dog... just go away, no, I do not want to play, leave me alone...
I like being miserable all by myself.
animated-get-well-soon-image-0003.gif

animated-dragon-image-0127.gif

Back
Top Bottom