Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a Stubborn Old Goat, too. He fell and broke his neck and has to wear a cervical collar for the rest of his life. When we caution him to use his walker, he says, "What's the worse that can happen? I fall down and break my neck?" Aside from trying to keep the collar on him, he also has dementia.

Just think, my office is located on the Alzheimer's Unit. It is a real circus most days.
And to think, they are not even your monkeys. :LOL:What color wrist band does your unit use for SOGs? We are off to the base in GF, ND. I normally let him go by himself so I can have a quiet, uneventful day at home. Not today. Some of the old geezers from the curling league called to check in with him last night. I thought that was nice of them.

Maybe some people are stocking up on TP, because it's usually cheaper than tissue. I saw a comment from one person in a similar discussion about "why TP?" comment that they were getting a bidet.

I don't get it either...

Attachments

• 2e8370549f6ab7c8d11aff6cd826a3c2.jpg
    2e8370549f6ab7c8d11aff6cd826a3c2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 122
And to think, they are not even your monkeys. :LOL:What color wrist band does your unit use for SOGs? We are off to the base in GF, ND. I normally let him go by himself so I can have a quiet, uneventful day at home. Not today. Some of the old geezers from the curling league called to check in with him last night. I thought that was nice of them.

We have fun most days anyway! No wristbands, just gotta know who you are letting in and out. One of these days, I will forget the code to open the door and they will just make a bed for me.

I'm glad he's not gping alone and that his friends called.

We have fun most days anyway! No wristbands, just gotta know who you are letting in and out. One of these days, I will forget the code to open the door and they will just make a bed for me.

I'm glad he's not gping alone and that his friends called.
I only got to the gate. I was not allowed on the base because I don't have a military ID and with the coronavirus "scare" he wasn't allowed to be my sponsor. Needless to say, today was not a good day and I had a PTSD breakdown. But, I was in the car with him R/T. Stopped myself from throwing myself in the river and walked about 15 miles before he drove by, turned around, and picked me up. Not a good day.

CWS, aw sweetie, (((hugs)))
Really bad day. He was on the base, with his head injury, neither one of us have cell phones, they wouldn't go get him and I couldn't cross. He had told me his vision was fuzzy and he had a headache. I told him to leave me at the gate--he had to get 8 'scripts. And then I fell to pieces. Really bad day. I figured I could either walk or hitchhike into GF and find a shelter or church that take me in. When I saw his car drive by after walking for hours (sorta surprised they didn't hold me at the gate given the state I was I in), I was really happy to see he turned around at the next exit and came back. Surprised he even was watching for me walking in the ditch on the Interstate. I was tired of walking and crying.

Last edited:
I just spent ten minutes griping about DW, who isn't very D right now. It's not right to cut down your S.O., in my case, spouse, in public. I deleted everything. I'm just not a happy man right now. I'll leave it at that.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sort of funny story. DH went out today to get some brown basmati rice at Singh Farm Grocery. I asked him to get two 10 lb bags, if there were plenty and that wasn't being greedy. We are pretty stocked up other than that. Got our prescriptions filled for two months yesterday. Anyhoo, he got to the store and looked at the big "wall of rice" and there was only a single bag left. It was a 50 lb bag of some kind of white rice. Then he turned around and the shelving on the other side was full, with smaller bags of rice. He got the two bags I wanted. I guess the run on rice had been families who use a lot more rice than us, since it was only the 50 lb bags that had been emptied off the shelves.

Last edited:
I don't have this problem. I guess you should try a different brand. I've used Pam but currently I use BJ's Wholesale house brand of cooking spray. I wonder if you're using the kind with flour? I would think that might be more prone to clogging.

I am in the UK, where the choice of cooking sprays is limited. I should check next time I'm in one of the local supermarkets here what is available, but I am only aware of two brands, one of which is that supermarket's own brand. That one doesn't give its ingredients and the other brand lists xanthan gum as a thickener.

I often give up on the spray, take the top off and just pour some of the oil into whatever piece of cooking equipment I'm using.

Gillian

I often give up on the spray, take the top off and just pour some of the oil into whatever piece of cooking equipment I'm using.
That's what I did before there were cooking sprays available [emoji38] Take a piece of kitchen paper, pour oil onto it and wipe it on your cooking surface.

Gillian

Aerosol cans are pressurized so I'm going to assume you mean oil in spritzer type bottles.

I don't use hair spray very often but once in a blue moon I do. I have a spritzer type bottle and as I rarely use it the nozzle gets clogged/dried and all one gets is a stream instead of a mist. I solved that by rinsing the nozzle in hot water after I use it. Never had a problem since.

maybe this would work with your oil - I would use a soapy cloth and then dry with paper towel.

Life is full of a more difficult challenges than it is smooth, beautiful harbors. It seems that even though it's me spending the money, money that I earned as the only worker in our home, that everyone else gets to benefit from my purchases except me.

I found a good buy on a Toyota Tacoma Off Road truck and purchased it. It is in great shape will go just about anywhere. However, it is not really a vehicle suited to everyday driving. It is a very sturdy and capable backwoods truck, made to go through two-tracks, and dusty gavel, and mud. It behaves badly on snow, and ice while in two-wheel drive. Now when I was a thirty-something, this would have been a great second vehicle. But as a primary vehicle, both my youngest son and I agree that this isn't the right truck for DW and me.

So, DW loves the idea of owning a rugged, ready to tackle the elements truck. She can barely climb into it. I can barely get into it with a step-stool, with some difficulty. But we finally get her to agree to a different truck, one that will better suit our needs.

After much searching, I found a truck abouBut DW has her heart set on us getting a truck so that she can again have a vehicle to drive, which is kind of a dicey thing IMO. I call a friend and he is willing to go with my son, DW, and me so that he can drive it home av]fter we purchase it. It's a long drive and I don't think either DW, or I are up to it. So I tell her this, and she is all upset and wants nothing to do with me, or my son. She's throwing another of her quiet little temper tantrums because she doen't get to drive it home. She admitedly suffers from narcolepsy, and catolepsi, and frequently gets very, very sleepy around 2 to 3 p.m. But she states that a 5-hour energy will take care of that.

She won't face the face that at 66 years of age, she has limitations. She thinks she can do everything she used to do when she was 20.

i am so tired of the hassels, and headaches, and her unwillingess to bedn, even a little. I don't want a truck. I would rather have a smeall SUV that I can get in and out of, and that doesn't ride like a truck. I don't ride dirt bikes anymore. I don't jump off of 25 foot cliffs to feel the free-fall like I did ads a teen. I don't climb mountain faces anymore. I don't even own a snowmobile anymore. I can't do what I could even in my 40's and 50's. And she is in at least as rough shape as I am, worse mentaly.

Even with all of this, with thirty years of extreme behavior by DW, If I had to do it over again, I would, as I really love the children I have. But I think I would treat her differently than I did. She would not get every little thing her heart desired.

Ok,, I am going ot quit now. I've vented, and shouldn't have.

Oh, and for the recoerd, this Corna virus is a terrible thing, and is really shaking things up, world wide.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the Nrth

I'm so sorry, Chief, I can imagine how difficult that is [emoji813] So many people have difficulty accepting the limitations that often come with age and disability. It's okay to vent, especially during these uncertain times. We all need to. Hugs and love to you [emoji177]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom