Pasta In Butter Garlic Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always toss a couple of cloves of garlic in the pasta water while it is cooking. Never can have too much garlic. :angel:

Looks so good! :yum: Thanks to both jusnikki for first posting and ahoymatey for finding it again. I think when I make it I'll sub parsley for rosemary (saving sage and thyme for another meal) and toss in some shrimp. IMO you can't have too many shrimp Kayelle!

In your own kitchen you're the boss and can boil the pasta in water or chicken stock. That's how new recipes happen.

When reading clipped recipes I ran across one I had saved that called for boiling the pasta in wine. 4 quarts of nothing but "quality" red wine! :ohmy: Thanks, but I'd rather drink it than dump it. Tossed that one. ;)

Has anyone made this with other noodles than spaghetti or fettuccine? I have a bag of medium wide noodles in the pantry and thought this would make a nice side dish for a meal.

I made it and it was pretty good but it needs something. Maybe because I used parsley instead of rosemary. I'll keep this recipe and maybe add some sautéed hot peppers with it next time.

Has anyone made this with other noodles than spaghetti or fettuccine? I have a bag of medium wide noodles in the pantry and thought this would make a nice side dish for a meal.

It is your kitchen. You can do anything you wish to. Medium wide are not far from fettuccine. I say "Go for it". :angel:

Just wanted to bump this recipe as it is so simple but completely surprisingly delish!

Have seen a few oldies here that I'm going to bump.

This basic sauce is great with a bag of baby spinach, mushrooms, broccoli or baby zucchini slices, sautéed in the butter or oil with the garlic and onions.

Back
Top Bottom