Paired wine dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks like an amazing meal. I hope you really enjoy your food, the wine, and the entire evening out.

That menu helped me solve a minor mystery. It mentions "fig mostarda". Well, we have had that from a local Italian resto. They called it "fig mustard", which really didn't seem right. So, I looked up "mostarda" and found out what it is. So, that is why something that seemed like a fig jam was called "fig mustard".

I had a whole big review typed up, and it disappeared!
Next time, try hitting refresh and seeing if it's still there. Sometimes an "in the works post" disappears if you are adding photos or links, but will usually come back if you hit refresh.

We just got tickets to the next wine pairing dinner - and it's Stag's Leap! They are the first vineyard to break through France's stranglehold on gold medals. The year was 1973, and it was called "The Judgement in Paris". The breakout new vineyard from California took first place over the Mouton Rothschilds and all the other established French vintners. It was the real beginning of the California wine industry.

Stag's Leap is still gold medal wine.

Very nice. Stags' Leap has been able to maintain their quality and staying power throughout the years despite the increased competition, and all the newer/trendier wineries that's been popping up over the last 5-10 years. One of the "legacy" Napa wineries like Caymus, Hess, Jordan, etc.

I'm sure you'll taste some excellent limited release bottles and varietals. Enjoy!

**Edited to say that I clicked on the link and saw the menu. Looks good. My only concern would serving the cab with the duck and pesto risotto, but who knows? It might end up pairing well together :LOL:

Last edited:
We just got tickets to the next wine pairing dinner - and it's Stag's Leap! They are the first vineyard to break through France's stranglehold on gold medals. The year was 1973, and it was called "The Judgement in Paris". The breakout new vineyard from California took first place over the Mouton Rothschilds and all the other established French vintners. It was the real beginning of the California wine industry.

Stag's Leap is still gold medal wine.
Stag's Leap is one of our favorites too! We visited them...and lots of others...on our honeymoon tour of Napa/Sonoma, etc. NOTE: Wine is always priced much higher at the Winery than the local market! You wouldn't think that to be the case, but it is or...at least it was. Haven't been there for many years.

At one point in my life, I wanted to open a "picnic" restaurant/service in the area there. I thought that was the one thing missing. You could buy a bottle and enjoy it at their picnic tables...but no picky-nick basket to go with it! Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom