P.A.G. Baby Back Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
this was for supper last night - my dear daughter's slow roasted baby back ribs, with a side od tuna/pasta salad, and rice. She made a wonderful dry run, that is her own recipe, (sorry, dodn't have the ingredients for the rub), and that created a delicious bark on the ribs. The racks were slow-roated on a rack, over a cookie sheet at 220 for 3 hours. Then, she boosted the oven temp to 425, and roasted for another 20 minutes to develop the bark. Lastly, she slathered on her tomato-free BBQ sauce and roasted ten more minutes to thicken the sauce on the ribs. They were removed from the oven and let rest for 20 minutes.

Rhw ribs were competition quality in texture and flavor, very tender, but not falling off of the bone. The meat had just enough chew to let you know you were biting into meat. The bark was crispy, but not so thick so as to make the ribs chewy. The sauce, well it's one of the best bbq sauces I've eaten.

I have to give P.A.G. full marks for her ribs. They were outstanding, especially for being cooked in the oven. Yes I have had exeptional ribs before, smoked on the Webber Kettle. However, These ribs were far better than any I have had at restaurants, even restaurants with a dedicated smoke pit that specialized in smoked pork.

Dear daughter developed he sauce especially with me in mind, as I can't eat a lot of tomato. This one uses apple butter as its base. The ingredient list is:
Apple butter
Tamari
Golden Mountain seasoning sauce
Liquid smoke
Apple cider vinegar
Sweet paprika
Smoked paprika
Powdered mustard
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Molasses

She makes the sauce by combining the ingredients together, tasting as she goes. She didn't know the measurements. (She cooks a lot like I do:LOL:) Here is a picture of what I ate last night. I was truly, eating high on the hog.

Seeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20200918_170811.jpg
    20200918_170811.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
P.A.G. forgot to include celery seed in her sauce ingredient list. It is important. Though the two pictures, the first without sauce, and the 2nd, with sauce, look nearly identical, the light coating of sauce in the 2nd picture made a wonderful new, soft bark without messing up the dry-rub bark. The ribs had such a great bbq sauce flavor addition, whiteout being goopy.

Ribs with Sauce picture:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20200918_172644.jpg
    20200918_172644.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom