Oven settings, please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrispark

Assistant Cook
Hi,

Never baked before and moved into a new flat recently and there are no instructions for the electric oven that is already in here.

I'm trying to bake a simple lemon drizzle cake for a work thing i have but i keep burning the cake.

I have tried 3 times but each time the cake burns within about 10 minutes of it going in.

Even turning the temp down hasn't helped. I have attached a picture of my oven controls and i have tried the ones on the right hand side (1, 2 and 3 o'clock position)

Can anyone please help me as to what one I should be doing as i want to be able to bake a cake but don't want to keep ruining it and wasting money.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Attachments

• 1567456828973419717672534151809.jpg
    1567456828973419717672534151809.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 378
Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

I've never seen symbols like that on a range before. If you can determine the make and model, you might be able to find the manual online. Or maybe the building manager or a neighbor can help you.

Yes, make and model will help.

My guess: the three bladed object means fan. The three wavy lines means microwave. The O means off. Then it shows horizontal bar on top or bottom which is broil and bake respectively. I don’t know what the wavy bar on bottom means.

Well done, bbqcoder.

Gives an excellent list of controls. I rather thought many of them obvious except for a few.

The thing is, it doesn't show how to control the heat temperature.

Chrispark - are you sure there isn't another dial or place to adjust the temperature? Go to you local ironmonger or hardware store and/or kitchen supply and get an oven thermometer.

last but not least, I assume you've made this lemon drizzle before? So you are not adding your sugar drizzle before cake is baked?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom