On the search for a vintage cookbook!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I am looking for anyone who might have a "Better Homes & Gardens" cookbook from the late '50s to early '60s. I'm searching for a recipe that

might be in those issues.

The recipe is for "Marshmallow Pumpkin Pie." It is NOT a baked pie but more a chiffon pie.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have already posed this question to my friends on Facebook. With any luck, I'll get an answer.

It's not from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, but I googled "marshmallow pumpkin pie" and found this as the first result. If it's not what you're looking for, I'll look at some of the other results I got.

It's not from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, but I googled "marshmallow pumpkin pie" and found this as the first result. If it's not what you're looking for, I'll look at some of the other results I got.

Nope, not it. No graham cracker crust.

I searched my BH&G cookbook that I've had since we married (1971, and I don't think it was a new edition then). No Marsmallow Pumpkin Pie recipe in my cookbook.
Good luck with your search, and sorry I couldn't help.

I am looking for anyone who might have a "Better Homes & Gardens" cookbook from the late '50s to early '60s. I'm searching for a recipe that

might be in those issues.

The recipe is for "Marshmallow Pumpkin Pie." It is NOT a baked pie but more a chiffon pie.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have already posed this question to my friends on Facebook. With any luck, I'll get an answer.
Better Homes & Gardens runs ongoing recipe contests in which you turn over the rights to your recipes when you enter. They incorperate those recipes into cookbooks. They have published many many hardback cookbooks throughout the years. Your chiffon pie recipe may also be a Kraft recipe.

Better Homes & Gardens runs ongoing recipe contests in which you turn over the rights to your recipes when you enter. They incorperate those recipes into cookbooks. They have published many many hardback cookbooks throughout the years. Your chiffon pie recipe may also be a Kraft recipe.
No, not a Kraft one. My grandmother attributes it to Better Homes & Gardens.

I am looking for anyone who might have a "Better Homes & Gardens" cookbook from the late '50s to early '60s. . .
Many years ago, I was also looking for a recipe from an old BH&G cookbook. I simply wrote an email to BH&G describing the recipe and they responded by mailing me a page out of the cookbook with the recipe. It's worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom