Oil less turkey fryers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2"Q"

Head Chef
Anyone have one or used one? I got out my turkey fryer last night and its leaking gas and flames out of the manifold. This is the second one of these that i have had do this.. im pretty sure its from spiders crawling in them but its a pain to clean out.. so im looking into oil less.. anyone?

Those look pretty nifty, Q. And a lot safer than one using oil. You can even add smoke chips to them.
But can it pull double duty for a crawfish boil? ;)

I had never seen these before and am interested if anyone here has used one before.

The Ultimate Turkey Cooker
39817-albums930-picture5216.jpg

That looks pretty cool. Do you stand the turkey up like beer can chicken? Do you pack charcoal around and on it like a dutch oven? More info please. This looks interesting.

Just like beer can and you can add beer, Dr Pepper, anything you like. Even Smoke. I have never tried coals, but I'm sure that will work. I cook on an outdoor stove (Propane), It will work on a gas range, but not so well on an electric range. Even over a camp fire!

I got it at Montana Canvas,(a tent maker) in Belgrade MT. They are made by "Camp-Chef". I know they may be hard to find and are not as cheep as I was lucky enough to find one. Search "The Ultimate Turkey Cooker". Cast Iron, cost about $100. I don't even want to think about the shipping cost!

Very cool salt..
Yea, pac.. im itching to get one.. only know one person with one but he has never used it..

well ... after reading lots of reviews and watching videos ..
i think i will purchase the char broil big easy ...

Well.. bought one from lowes... Easy to assemble.. wiped it down with oil . Then fired it off... So far i cant complain...

Well.. bought one from lowes... Easy to assemble.. wiped it down with oil . Then fired it off... So far i cant complain...

Sounds like a nice little present to yourself.
Soooo... are you going to christen it Thursday? :yum:

8 mins a pound for this one.. and wow...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121122_181911.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121122_181911.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 436
Back
Top Bottom