Official Dinner Thread for Sunday 12/11/2022©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Recipe please?
I went looking for that and came up with bupkis
Sure hope I'm not violating any rules!!! This is from Bisquick, many, many years ago:

Impossible Chile Cheese Pie

2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, drained
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups milk
1 cup buttermilk baking mix
4 eggs

NOTE: Recipe says it cooks in 30-35 minutes, but it always seems to be 45-60 for me!

Grease 10-in pie plate. Sprinkle chiles and cheese evenly in plate. Beat milk, baking mix and eggs together until smooth. Pour into plate. Bake at 425 degrees 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole.

Makes 6 to 8 servings

Great big salads: lettuce mix, spinach, sprouts, tomatoes, broccoli, apples, grapes. Leftover eggrolls. Baked beans. French baked potatoes. We are so full.

I tried out two new-to-me recipes - Thai Pickled Cucumbers from Andy M. and Ginger Remoulade for Fish from GotGarlic. Those both worked well with some store bought, breaded haddock and store bought, oven fries. DH finally figured out why he usually dislikes cucumbers (but not this time). It's the texture of the seeds and the slime around them.

Attachments

• Breaded haddock, oven fries, Thai pickled cucumber, and ginger remoulade 2.jpg
    Breaded haddock, oven fries, Thai pickled cucumber, and ginger remoulade 2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Breaded haddock, oven fries, Thai pickled cucumber, and ginger remoulade.jpg
    Breaded haddock, oven fries, Thai pickled cucumber, and ginger remoulade.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 5
Babysat my granddaughter who had the flu... guess what... :mad:

So yesterday was beef consomme for lunch. TGFF* supper was Spicy Chicken Pot Pie Without the Crust. And yep, me too! Made two biscuits with Bisquick! Love that stuff.

*TGFF - means TG for freezers.

Sure hope I'm not violating any rules!!! This is from Bisquick, many, many years ago:

2 cups milk
4 eggs

NOTE: Recipe says it cooks in 30-35 minutes, but it always seems to be 45-60 for me!

Grease 10-in pie plate. Sprinkle chiles and cheese evenly in plate. Beat milk, baking mix and eggs together until smooth. Pour into plate. Bake at 425 degrees 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole.

Makes 6 to 8 servings
OUTSTANDING!
Thank you @GinnyPNW

2 cups milk
4 eggs

Makes 6 to 8 servings
I have a question about the canned chilis. I haven't seen canned chilis here. What kinds of chilis are we talking about?

I have a question about the canned chilis. I haven't seen canned chilis here. What kinds of chilis are we talking about?

They are just chilis, usually jalapeños, that are pickled and canned. I usually have some in the pantry for convenience, even though a variety of fresh chili peppers are easily available in Texas. Here is a popular brand in the US.

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 1.32.48 AM.jpg

CD

taxy, they are widely available here at the grocers. With all the other Mexican style meal kits.
I've had one in my cupboard for years. Bought it for a recipe, lost the recipe, still sits in my cupboard. Old story.

taxy, they are widely available here at the grocers. With all the other Mexican style meal kits.
I've had one in my cupboard for years. Bought it for a recipe, lost the recipe, still sits in my cupboard. Old story.
Do you mean pickled chilis? That's the only kind I have seen. Well, I do have a can of chipotle in adobo. But, I haven't seen canned chilis that are just plain chilis. Actually, I don't remember seeing pickled chilis in cans, just in jars.

Do you mean pickled chilis? That's the only kind I have seen. Well, I do have a can of chipotle in adobo. But, I haven't seen canned chilis that are just plain chilis. Actually, I don't remember seeing pickled chilis in cans, just in jars.
Did you see the can caseydog posted? I think that might be what dragnlaw is referring to.

They are just "chopped green chiles" - like the El Paso ones shown above. There are many brands and they usually come in 4 and 8 oz size cans. There's even a Walmart Store Brand "Great Value". They are easily found in the Hispanic Food Aisle in any U.S. grocery store. I get the "Mild" version, and the cans are marked on the side with a heat level indicator.

Did you see the can caseydog posted? I think that might be what dragnlaw is referring to.
I have never seen those around here. Searches at the websites of several local supermarkets didn't turn up any canned or jarred chilis that haven't been pickled or mixed with other stuff.

They are just "chopped green chiles" - like the El Paso ones shown above. There are many brands and they usually come in 4 and 8 oz size cans. There's even a Walmart Store Brand "Great Value". They are easily found in the Hispanic Food Aisle in any U.S. grocery store. I get the "Mild" version, and the cans are marked on the side with a heat level indicator.
Thank you. I guess I can just use some fresh chilis then, maybe nuke 'em first, so they aren't raw.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom